Door County Wetlands Kayak Tour
This kayak tour is our most relaxing and family-friendly tour. This beginner kayaker’s paradise is our protected, safe, and warm location to learn to kayak while watching for Bald Eagles, Blue Herons, Swans, Egrets, and more.
The wetlands and lake provide habitat for the federally-endangered Hine's emerald dragonfly among many other wildlife and plant species. The open zone grades into second-growth wet-mesic forest of white cedar, white spruce, balsam fir and black ash. This is an example of boreal forest habitat which a rare community type to be found in Wisconsin.
In the Spring, wildflowers are outstanding on this location, with Hepaticas, Spring Beauties, Trilliums and Trout Lilies putting on a show from mid-April to the end of May.
See our website for more tour times, specials, and information at www.doorcountykayaktours.com
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide,
- Life jacket
- 2 person kayak
- Paddle lesson and safety instructions
- Entry/Admission - Kangaroo Lake Nature Preserve
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We either meet here at our shop Cave Point Paddle & Pedal or at the launch location of the eco-tour.
Departure Point :Rieboldt Creek, Baileys Harbor, WI, USA
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommend you wear swimsuit, windbreaker jacket, or lightly layered synthetic clothing
- Bring sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, waterproof camera, bottle water, bug repellent, towel, and extra change of clothes
- Bottled water, t-shirts, paddling gloves, and waterproof phone case all available for purchase
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.