Doors-Off Legends of West Oahu Helicopter Tour
Get acquainted with Hawai‘i's unique cast of characters on the Legends of West O‘ahu flight. How did demi-God Maui use his hook? Did Pele always live only on Hawai‘i Island? Over the course of your 30 minute flight our pilot will regale you with myths of Hawai‘i's deities as you view this fabled island from above. Tour central O‘ahu, the beauty of the North Shore, and Wai‘anae, retracing their adventures. From your vantage point, you will have a unique opportunity to see with your own eyes how the ‘āina (land) is inextricably linked to our akua (gods). This is a great flight for kids, or anyone interested in learning how the geographical features of our island home form the culture and legends of Hawai‘i.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Two-way headset communication with the pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: North Shore, Oahu, HI 96712
The beauty of the North Shore
Pass By: Waianae, Waianae, Oahu, Hawaii
Retracing their adventures of the Hawai'ian deities.
Pass By: Ka'ena Point State Park, End of Farrington Highway, Waianae, Oahu, HI
Pass By: Ko Olina, Ko Olina, Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii
Ko'Olina Resort Area
Departure Point :Kalaeloa Airport, 300 Midway St, Kapolei, HI 96707, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 4 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- Infants must sit on laps
- Due to the current social distancing requirements for the state of Hawai'i, face masks will be required while on the aircraft.
- Learn about our elevated health & safety protocol to help observe the COVID-related requirements of social distancing and sanitization :https://paradisecopters.com/health-and-safety/
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- Most travelers can participate
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We're offering private tours only for guests living in a single household. Face masks required for anyone over 5 years old, unless a medical condition prevents it. If COVID-like symptoms are observed, temperature may be taken and we may reschedule your flight. paradisecopters.com/health-and-safety
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.