Dubrovnik Medieval Walls Walking Tour
Explore the city of Dubrovnik via its medieval walls, towers and forts on this 2-hour walking tour. Enjoy panoramic views over Dubrovnik’s red rooftops and the Adriatic Sea as you stroll the full circuits of the ramparts. Accompanied by a local guide, you will learn about the city's past and present to see Dubrovnik in a different light. This small-group tour is perfect for a more personal experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (120KN/person)
- Meet your guide near Dubrovnik Old Town at 10am to climb to the top of the medieval walls that encircle the city. Before you set off, you will learn some of the history of the UNESCO-listed walls, which were begun in the 12th century and continually extended until the 17th century.
As you stroll along a 1.25-mile (2-kilometer) circuit of the city ramparts, seeing the forts, bastions and towers incorporated into the fortifications. Pause at the Minceta Tower to hear how it was built in the 15th century to defend against attack from Ottoman forces. Enjoy the panoramic views over Old Town’s red rooftops, and see the site of the city’s original Slavic settlement.
Walk another 300 meters and you'll reach the Revelin Fortress, an imposing 15th-century fort built to protect the city’s Ploce Gate from the Ottomans. Continue past the boat-filled harbor to St John's Fortress, which protected the port and city on its southeastern side. Today, it offers unrivalled views over the Adriatic Sea.
The final stop is Fort Bokar, one of the oldest buildings of its kind in Europe. From its walls, you will get the best view of Lovrijenac, Dubrovnik's outer western fortress looming on a rock 37-meters high. From the southern section of the city's walls, you can watch the boats and kayaks sail past. The tour finishes at the original departure point.
Departure Point :Central Dubrovnik
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.