Dubrovnik Walking Tour
George Bernard Shaw once said that the one who seeks paradise on Earth must see Dubrovnik.
Explore Dubrovnik with a local expert guide to discover its streets, stone houses, little gardens and boat-filled harbor from where you can see the amazing crystal sea and nearby islands. Museums, squares, churches, monasteries and famous UNESCO-protected city walls are just beckoning to be photographed. Surrounded by ancient walls, Dubrovnik streets showecase stunning Renaissance and Baroque architecture. The creativity of artists, writers and scientists who have left their mark on Dubrovnik is woven into the soul of the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Visit to the three museums with old collections
- Visit to the old monasteries
- Visit to main churches
- Entry/Admission - The Franciscan Church and Monastery
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratituies (optional)
- Enjoy your 2-hour guided tour of Dubrovnik's splendid UNESCO-protected Old City. As its name suggests, this popular tour focuses on the must-see parts of the Old Town, while your professional guide provides fascinating and entertaining details, background and anecdotes that enhance your experience.
You will meet your knowledgeable local guide and walk through the limestone-paved streets of the Stari Grad (Old Town) as your guide uncovers the history behind the city’s churches, monasteries and palaces.
Stradun, the main pedestrian street, runs some 300 meters through the Old Town, the city's wall-enclosed historic center. There you will see the Franciscan Monastery, an architectural masterpiece built in the Romanesque-Gothic style that, in addition to containing one of Europe's oldest pharmacies, houses a museum that displays priceless historical and cultural objects.
The route takes you around the Old Town via Onofrio's Fountain and up Prijeko Street to the Old Port - the key to Dubrovnik's trading and maritime success. Along the way you will pay a visit to St. Saviour's, the grandiose Franciscan and Dominican church, and see wine-producing vines believed to be more than 100 years old.
You will also see Zudioska Street, where the Jewish community was once situated. Here you can visit the famous 15th-century synagogue that was rebuilt in 1652 and is still in use today.
In Sponza Palace you will see a memorial room dedicated to the local fallen heroes of the Homeland War and become familiar with the contemporary history of Dubrovnik.
Your tour then continues to the Old Town's landmark Romanesque-Baroque Cathedral of the Assumption, where you will learn about the church's history, from devastating earthquakes and reconstruction under the watchful eye of various architects to housing many important works of art.
Let your guide regale you with stories from the city’s deep and enriching history, once an autonomous republic buttressing both the Ottoman and the Venetian Empires. All in all, this classic walking tour of Dubrovnik provides you with the perfect snapshot of the main attractions of the Old Town, giving you an authentic taste of the city's delights.
Your tour finishes near the port.
Departure Point :Pile City Gate
Return Detail :Near the port
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: smart casual.
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.