Dunnottar Castle and Royal Deeside Small-Group Tour from Aberdeen
Combine the majestic heights of Royal Deeside with the epic cliff-top site of Dunnottar Castle.
For almost 150 years, the British royal family have travelled to the River Dee for their holidays.
With almost unlimited cash and resources, why do they always come here?
We think there’s an easy answer.
This area encapsulates everything everyone loves about Scotland. You find grand castles enclosed by pine forests. You look up at the highest plateau in Britain in the Cairngorms National Park. And there’s enough nearby distilleries to satisfy any royal event.
So, who wouldn’t want to escape to the fresh air of this location?
On this tour, we combine her Majesty’s favourite holiday spot with a trip to Dunnottar Castle, one of the most historically important and visually arresting sights in Scotland.
Hop aboard this tour, see an epic castle, and discover whether you have the same taste as the royals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Small Group Tour (16 people max)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Dunnottar Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dunnottar Castle, Stonehaven AB39 2TL Scotland
This clifftop fortress has seen the greats of Scotland’s history pass through its gates. Perched on an impregnable clifftop overlooking the North Sea, it’s an unmissable sight.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Falls of Feugh Bridge, Banchory Scotland
Stretch your legs and breathe in the invigorating Highland air at these magnificent waterfalls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Cairngorms National Park, PH22 1QH Scotland
Gaze in awe at Scotland’s most beautifully rounded peaks.
Stop At: Muir of Dinnet National Nature Reserve, Dinnet, Ballater Scotland
This landscape has been shaped by ice, wind and water. It truly is one of Scotland’s most impressive National Nature Reserves.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Bus Station, Guild St, Aberdeen AB11 6NA, UK
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- Most travelers can participate
- For your optional Dunnottar Castle ticket you must reserve your time slot in advance. Please use the link printed on your voucher.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.