Early Morning Game Drive with Lunch on Floating Restaurant
Early worm catches the bird is an appropriate saying when it comes to spotting wildlife. As the heat of the day kicks in, most animals take shelter and become difficult to spot. For this reason it'll be an early start with your guide which will give us the best chance to spot big cats; see herds of elephants, buffalo, and giraffes; and take in the sunrise in Chobe National Park. After the small-group game drive, you'll have lunch on the only floating restaurant in Botswana. Situated opposite Sedudu Island, guests can enjoy Chobe game viewing at its best while savoring the flavors of a traditional “braai” (barbecue) meal.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch on floating restaurant
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Kasane
- Transport by adopted 4x4 open safari vehicles in the parks (blankets will be provided in winter)
- Includes 2 drinks (mineral water/soft drink or beer) on floating restaurant
- Lunch is served buffet style. There is a choice of three meats: boerewors, chicken, and steak with homemade bread baked in the onsite clay oven. There will be potato bake, coleslaw, 3-bean salad, roasted butternut squash, and a delectable, multi-layered dessert. Tea and coffee plus 2 drinks which includes beer or mineral water/soft drink.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Victoria Falls Hotel pickup and drop-off can be arranged at extra cost
- National park fees $10.00 per activity that is conducted in the national park
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Kasane in the early morning in preparation for a 8:30am start in Chobe National Park. Your game drive will be in an open safari vehicle. Wide open spaces, the call of the wild, and some of the planet’s most fascinating animals make this trip a must for wildlife enthusiasts and those who yearn for an African adventure. Your expert guide will take you to the places where big game and other wildlife sightings are guaranteed. Among the animals that you can see in Chobe National Park are elephants, buffalo, sable and hundreds of bird species. If you’re lucky you may get to spot some of the big cats!
After the game drive you will have lunch on the only floating restaurant in Chobe. This will give you ample opportunities to enjoy the gorgeous river scenery and views of lots of animals, including hippos, crocodiles and birds. Situated opposite Sedudu Island, guests can enjoy Chobe game viewing at its best while savoring the flavors of a traditional “braai” (barbecue) between Namibia and Botswana. The island, which proudly flies the Botswana Flag, has an abundance of bird life and is frequented by a host of larger herbivorous drawn to the endless supply of lush green grass throughout the year. Speaking of green, The Raft has little to no impact on the environment and was built with 90% re-cycled material. All restaurant items are unbreakable with every scrap of refuse being bagged and disposed of off-site.
On completion of the trip and a 3-hour cruise, you will be taken back to your hotel, which will be around 6:30pm approximately. For those outside of Kasane, it will be later.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
kindly advise us with your Hotel name
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code: please wear neutral colors and bring a hat. If you have clothing with long sleeves this helps prevent flies
- Please let us know if you have specific dietary requirements
- Rates per person and quoted in USD
- A small amount of walking is involved (less than 1 kilometer)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.