Eco-Atlas Day Trip
OUIRGANE is an up-and-coming destination due to its proximity to Marrakesh and its stunning greenery, red-earth hills and pine forests, all of which combine to make it worth an overnight stay (or longer). It’s a wonderful spot to rest up after a few days of trekking around Toubkal and makes a pleasant base in itself for day walks into the surrounding foothills, mountain-bike forays or horseback riding.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a unique and unforgettable day hike in Ouirgane National park, it's a great opportunity to discover the real Morocco. This exclusive day tour includes a bread making workshop, very delicious home made food prepared by Aicha at the Ouirgane Ecolodge.
After an 1h15mn drive from Marrakech, we get to Marigha Village from where the trek starts by passing througharable land with wild flowers, following the river valley then passes through a zone where small hills with open forest and through isolated Berber hamlets towards the traditional salt mines at Marigha, from where the salt is carried on donkeys to the neighbouring villages to be sold.
Next the trek continues to the Tassa Ouirgane Valley via orchards near the huge forest of Takherkhourte. A picnic is normally taken at the village of Tassa, a fabulous panoramic vista of the entire Valley the horned Barbary sheep - and now on through the woods and sight of the Toubkal Massif National Park with its distant range of High Atlas peaks.
Then we descend the slopes and ford a river to join a small path on the other side of the Valley, which leads us through stands of juniper and fir to the foothills of the Adrar Takherkhourte (2,309m).Finally the walk returns to Ouirgane through orchards and vineyards and the villages of Tourourd and El Khémis..Pior to cath the transport back to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Your Hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is formal
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.