El Peñol and Guatape Small Group Tour from Medellin
Experience breathtaking views of El Peñol and visit Guatape. This small group tour will take you to the colorful town of Guatape, where get to climb the huge rock of El Peñol, enjoy an amazing view and visit the promenade, plaza de los zócalos, climb the rock, take an amazing view of the lakes, colonial buildings and much more. Enjoy your tour while your professional photographer and tour guide shares with you the beauty of Guatape. All entrance fees are included on this 7- 8-hour tour.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- All toll road fees
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Piedra Del Penol
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Lunch (at own expense)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Las Palmas, Medellín, Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
We'll drive in avenida las Palmas for approximately 35 minutes, have your camera ready to take photos of the landscape and the views of the city.
Pass By: Llano Grande, Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia
We'll drive for approximately 20 minutes in llanogrande, enjoy the views while you relax.
Pass By: Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia
We'll drive in the country side of Rionegro where we can encounter beautiful landscape, colonial farms, factories and much more.
Pass By: Marinilla, Antioquia, Colombia
We'll pass by Marinilla town on our way to el Penol rock, sit and relax while your tour guide will explain the idiosyncrasy of this town
Stop At: Alto El Choco, San Vicente, Antioquia, Colombia
We'll stop in a traditional restaurant in Alto del Chocho for bathroom break or a quick snack (at your own expense).
Try the famous pan de queso (cheese bread) with hot chocolate (at your own expense)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Piedra Del Penol, Highway El Penol - Guatape, Guatape Colombia
You will be directed by your local, certified tour guide to the top of the rock, making stops along the way to indulge yourselves with incredible views.
The entrance fee to the rock and the ticket to climb the rock is included.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Laguna de Guatape, Loma del Escobero, Medellin 053840 Colombia
Enjoy the lake views from your car, have your camera ready to take photos and take a brief stroll, caressed by the cool breeze of the lake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Guatapé, Antioquia, Colombia
Our next stop will be in the picturesque town of Guatape, where homes and businesses are intricately brimming with vibrant colors!
Two blocks away from the town plaza, we will go to our next destination, Plaza de los zocalos and the promenade, were you will enjoy a brief stroll, caressed by the cool breeze of the lake.
You'll relish lunch at one of the many restaurants by the water (own expense).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parroquia Nuestra Señora Del Carmen Guatape, Cra. 30 ###30-56, Guatape, Guatapé, Antioquia, Colombia
Walk inside this beautiful colonial church and take a look at the amazing woodwork.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Plazoleta de Los Zócalos, a 30-68, Cra. 28a ##302, Guatape, Guatapé, Antioquia, Colombia
Walk in this vibrant plaza, full of Zocalo art, little shops, local sweets and souvenirs. Have your camera ready to take photos.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Rionegro, Rionegro, Santander Department
From there, you pass through Marinilla, Rionegro, Llano Grande, where you will encounter beautiful lands with perfect climates, and appreciate nature intertwined with new dwellings, and much more.
Last, you will be dropped off at your hotel at approximately 5pm, depending on traffic and climate conditions.
Guests that choose the full tour plus the "Waterfall option" will be dropped off a little later.
Book in advance, you don't want to miss out, this tour is a must if you are in Medellin.
Departure Point :The Charlee Lifestyle, Cl. 9a ###37-16, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be ready in the lobby with a valid form of Id and a copy of your reservation to validate your identity.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please bring Colombian Pesos with you for souvenirs, food, tips etc.
- Dress code is casual; wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Each guest is required by law to bring their physical passport and a copy of their covid test with them.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We at Medellin Travels take pride in being the only tour company selected by our local government to work in a pilot enabling the proper protocol and management of covid 19 for our staff and International guests. We're also the only company utilizing a new product that eradicates covid in seconds.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.