Elbe Canyon & Narnia Movie Locations Day Trip
Delve into the natural wonders of the Elbe Sandstones Natural Reserve on an exhilarating full-day excursion from Prague. Alongside an expert guide, marvel at the beauty of the River Elbe Canyon, recognize the rugged Tisa Rocks used to film scenes in the Chronicles of Narnia movie, and capture photographs of the monumental Bastei Sandstone Bridge and Fortress after crossing the border to Germany. Experience two countries, countless sights and a delicious complimentary lunch on this exciting day tour.
Gaze at natural wonders like the Tisa Rocks and the River Elbe Canyon.
Cross the border to Germany to see the Bastei Sandstone Bridge and Fortress.
Gain valuable insight into the rich geology and history of the area from your guide who grew up here.
Our experienced and professionally trained drivers with take you around in comfortable, air-conditioned minivan.
Enjoy a complimentary a lá carte lunch, also a vegetarian and vegan option.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water - Small bottle
- Lunch - Á la carte lunch with vegetarian and vegan meal options. One main course and one drink.
- Local tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transfer by modern air-conditioned van
- Snacks - Crafted snack package including an energy bar and fruits
- Hiking sticks and backpack
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Tiske steny
- Entry/Admission - Bohemian Switzerland National Park
- Entry/Admission - Bastei Bridge
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: New Town, Prague Czech Republic
The tour commences by pick ups in Prague city center
Stop At: Tiske steny, Tisa 205, Tisa 403 36 Czech Republic
Your first stop will be the "Tisa Rocks" national natural monument, located at the heart of the natural reserve "Elbe Sandstones". Your guide will lead you through narrow passages and along bizarre stone pillars, reminding you of a fairy tale land. It is no wonder that scenes from the famous fantasy movie "Chronicles of Narnia" were filmed here. You will have enough time to slowly explore the area and access the tops of the rocks to enjoy the great views.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Decin Castle, Dlouha jizda 1254, Decin 405 02 Czech Republic
On your way to lunch you will drive through the local town of Decin with it's great castle, Elbe river and several historical buildings. This town is the gateway to the Bohemian Switzerland national park.
Stop At: Bohemian Switzerland National Park, Prazska Krásná Lípa, 40746 Czech Republic
Next stop on your tour is a tasty á la carte lunch in a local restaurant "U Forta" in the middle of Bohemian Switzerland national park. This restaurant is an excellent foodie choice (also for vegetarians and vegans) and many travelers rate it better than Prague restaurants. You can have anything from the menu, one main course and one drink. Local draft beer Cvikov is an excellent choice.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bastei Bridge, Basteistrasse, 01824 Lohmen, Saxony Germany
After a tasty lunch, the guide will take you to the German side of the Saxon Switzerland National Park, to the "Bastei", an iconic rock-formation, medieval times fortress and a stone-bridge high above the river Elbe. An easy walk will take you to the main viewpoints overlooking the huge Elbe canyon with table mountains all around. With good weather, you can enjoy a beautiful sunset from this place as well.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from any Prague downtown hotel or AirBnB. Please advise your accommodation address when booking the tour. Thank you.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Vegetarian and vegan meal options included
- Dietary requirements can be easily accommodated
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.