Etna Summit Trekking 3350m
The Etna volcano is one of the most coveted destinations for technical hikers.
Our excursion to the summit craters is the top of trekking Etna, in Sicily. The beauty of this spectacular painting created by the forces of nature leaves hikers completely without breath. This memory will never be erased. Throughout the day a guide will describe in English the places visited.
The emotion once arrived at the top is strong, unforgettable.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Catania or Taormina)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Cable Car Ticket
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Trekking itinerary Etna summit craters:
We will take the cable car from a height of 1920m to reach 2500m altitude. Here we will trek up to 2920 m. The first stop will be made at the hot crater of 2002, which overlooks the big and old caldera “Valle del Bove”. Our Trekking to the craters of the summit starts here, reaching about 3350 meters. You will find yourself in a lunar landscape on the highest point of Sicily. In addition, we will make a descent on the craters of pyroclastic sand. We will pass by the famous crater of 2001 and from here begins our descent by cable car to the altitude of 1920m and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :ETNA Fuel, SP4-I, Via Stabilimenti, 282, 95010 Santa Venerina CT, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels and addresses in Catania, Taormina and Giardini Naxos Important: During the booking, please communicate the address of the pickup in Catania orTeaormina.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Type of trekking Etna: ring (the same starting and ending point).
- Stages: Sapienza Refuge – craters 2002 – view Valle del Bove – summit craters – crater 2001 – back.
- Elevation: approximately + 500m, -1000m, over 12km.
- Travel time: approximately 7 hours, 09h00 – 16h00.
- Altitude: 1920m> 2500m by cable car, 2500m> 2920m by 4 × 4 bus and trek to Etna summit.
- Difficulty: very difficult level.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- The excursion to the summit crater zone is dangerous, forbidden to those with heart diseases and asthma.
- Recommended equipment:
- UV3 sunglasses, hiking shoes, gloves, hat, sunscreen, 3-layer clothing (for different temperatures during the tour), water and food.
- Conditions of the offer: The Tour is available from May to September. It is a group tour that will be offered only with a minimum of 5 participants.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.