Evening Underground Colosseum Tour with Prosecco
Follow your professional tour guide on this journey into Rome's incredible Colosseum after the sun sets, and have its amazing history and mysteries come alive in front of your eyes! On your tour you will beat the crowds, the lines and the day time rush to move deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its many secrets and gory past. On this evening or night time tour with Prosecco, you will gain access to the Colosseum underground, arena floor and the 2nd floor. Join us on the evening journey travelling into the past, seeing the epic wonder in its former glory all the while beating the heat of the day and enjoying some Prosecco with a guided introduction before your tour starts!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Explore Italy Tours
- Entry/Admission - Largo Gaetana Agnesi
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Palatine Hill & Roman Forum access
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Explore Italy Tours, Via del Colosseo 24, 00184 Rome Italy
Meeting point and check in in the office.
You will begin your tour at our office a stone's throw from the Colosseum in Rome. Before the tour begins you can take some beautiful photos as the lights flicker on illuminating the Colosseum and surrounding areas. You will start with a glass of Prosecco than the guide will walk you around the Colosseum and Ancient Rome.
Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is a regularly long ticket line at the Colosseum. By joining this Evening Underground Colosseum Tour with Prosecco, you will be provided with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Via del Colosseo Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Rome Italy
The tour will consist of 2 separate parts, you will start with a glass of Prosecco then onto a guided walking introduction to the Colosseum & Ancient Rome with a professional guide.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
After the introduction, you will head inside the Colosseum and visit the Arena floor, Underground, with the first and second level.
You will pass the security system of the Colosseum entrance.
You will be provided with 'skip the line' entrance tickets
Inside you will meet the second guide for the internal tour part.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. This tour gives you access also to the Colosseum arena with a beautiful view over the underground level. You will also visit the underground chambers and hear stories of gladiators and wild animals that were kept there. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide an active phone number during the booking process in order to be contacted about last minute changing
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The minimum age to take part is 7 years old & children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Near public transportation
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the attraction; do not bring these with you as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.