Evora Private Tour from Lisbon
Evora (UNESCO World Heritage Site), a place of great cultural and gastronomic richness, where you can find traces of various civilizations, from the Roman temple to the beautiful gothic style cathedral, the Manueline style Church of San Francisco and perhaps one of the most unorthodox places to visit in Portugal: “The Bones Chapel”.
The whole city is surrounded by a defensive stone wall.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit and Wine tasting in a winery ( chosen by us )
- Free wifi
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Personal accidents insurance
- Entry/Admission - Ervideira
What's excluded :
- Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Capela dos Ossos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corticarte - Arte em Cortica, Rua A, n0 7 Parque Industrial, Azaruja 7005-109 Portugal
Our day begins with a visit to a farmhouse, knew that cork is the bark of the cork oak, a kind of oak, a bark with great characteristics, is light, elastic and resistant to fire among others
Each year the bark grows, however, only after nine to nine years it must be removed from the tree, being able to reach 25 centimeters of thickness, defenitively an excellent protection for the tree against the heat, cold and fires, after removing the tree forms a new bark.
Did you know that Portugal is responsible for 55% of world cork production, valued worldwide for decorative cork coatings on walls and floors, the manufacture of sporting goods being even the ideal material for the kernels of baseball or the cable of fishing rods. However, cork is best known for being the cork raw material, since it allows very small amounts of oxygen in contact with the wine, without spoiling the aging process.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Templo Romano de Evora (Templo de Diana), Largo do Conde de Vila Flor Dentro da Muralha, Evora 7000-804 Portugal
From ancient “Temple of Diana” next to the Evora Cathedral built in the Roman´s period, we can see the magnificent aqueduct of “Agua da Prata”, outside the city walls and extend from the outskirts of the city, some of its arches are still visible inside the city, built in the 16th century to ensure the water transportation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Historico de Evora, Evora 7000 Portugal
The Arabs built their streets and alleys in the 11th and 12th centuries, Evora was the residence of some Portuguese kings, a point of convergence of renowned artists, supported by the patronage and dynasty reigning in Portugal.The period of the discoveries was of glory to Evora creating particularly favorable conditions in the construction of numerous aristocratic mansions of the city as the Jesuit university.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Capela dos Ossos, Praca 1 de Maio, Evora 7000-650 Portugal
the ex-libris will be the Church of San Francisco, especially the Bones Chapel, clothed with skulls and bones of 500 monks, attracting thousands every year and proclaiming “We bones, here we are, for yours we will wait” at the entrance of the it.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ervideira, Herdadinha - Vendinha, Reguengos de Monsaraz 7200-04 Portugal
Alentejo wine has a unique profile, something that seems impossible to happen in a region of hot and dry climate making it indispensable to add water to the vine, with soils and reliefs a very sunny zone allowing the perfect maturation of the grapes.
This is a practically a flat region that produces white wines generally soft, slightly acidic and have aromas of tropical fruits, the red wines are full bodied, rich in tannins and with aromas of wild and red fruits.
In our tour is included a visit to one of these wineries and its tasting, the choice of it will be according to the winery agenda butt will eventually be; Foundation Eugenio de Almeida (Cartuxa wines) Ervideira, among others.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
• Client's hotel or other meeting pointAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our company is certified with the clean and safe seal by the Portuguese Tourism Association, with the health safety procedures to be adopted. All of our guides were trained by Portuguese Tourism Association to understand the cleaning, hygiene and basic prevention and control measures of COVID-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.