Excursion to the Fayoum Oasis
Head south from Cairo and you'll find one of the most incredible natural spaces in Egypt: the Fayoum Oasis. Discover it, where history and nature meet.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Qualified Egyptologist Guide
- Entry to the Meidum Pyramid.
- Entry to the Qarun archaeological site.
- Bottled water on board
- All taxes and service charge
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Al-Fayoum Oasis tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Al-Fayoum Oasis tours, Fayoum , Taha Hussien Street Fayoum, Al Fayyum 63121 Egypt
Having picked you up at your hotel, we'll head southwards to see the fertile landscape of the Fayoum Oasis. No, it's no mirage, but a real and present experience!
The oasis takes up a vast swathe of land close to the canals of the river Nile. Ancient Egyptians were fully aware in fact of the relevance of this place, evidence for which is provided by the Meidum Pyramid, one of the oldest pharaonic pyramids, dating from around 2,600 BC.
Then we'll pass through the city of Fayoum, eventually reaching Lake Qarun, one of the most important areas of the Oasis. Its salty waters are found below sea level, and it boasts an enormous surface of several hundred square kilometres. On its banks, we'll visit the Kasr Qarun archaeological site, an old settlement where temples and fortresses from different historical periods can still be found.
Then we'll fuel up with lunch on the banks of Lake Qarun: here we can appreciate the rich local fauna, especially famous for its large number of birds. Then in the evening, we'll begin our return journey, back to the hotels of Cairo.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up the traveler from any place in Cairo or GizaAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.