Exploring Ancient Rome Private Tour
Explore some of the top highlights of the Eternal City with this private 4-hour tour of Ancient Rome!
The Colosseum, Palatine Hill, the Roman Forum, and the underground levels of St. Clemente's Basilica are awaiting to be discovered.
Skip the lines and tour at your own pace accompanied by an expert accredited guide. Upon request, a child-expert guide is available for families with children.
Allow yourself to enjoy interactive tools that will bring Ancient Rome back to life thanks to the enthusiastic storytelling of your guide.
A comprehensive overview of Ancient Rome, this is the perfect tour for anyone wishing to learn more about this fascinating period of history while also having lots of fun.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Professional guide for 4 hours
- Fast Track skip the line Entrance
- Admission/Entrance fees for Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees for San Clemente underground to be paid on site
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Clemente
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
You will met your Private Tour Guide at Arch of Constantine, short side facing to Colosseum
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Inside the world's most famous amphitheater, your guide will explain all about the bloody gladiator combats and other spectacles that took place inside.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
After visiting Colosseum, your private guide will lead you to Palatine Hill, where the emperors and nobility built their houses.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Roman Forum, the meeting point of ancient Rome. Your guide will bring to life these ancient ruins and recount to you the fascinating history behind them.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
Underground levels of St. Clemente's Basilica to explore one of the hidden treasures of Rome. Buried under 2 levels of basilicas are the remains of a 1st-century AD Roman house. The perfect way to round of your discovery of ancient Rome, seeing the ancient Roman house is like stepping into a time machine, and you will get a better idea about how the ancient Romans used to live.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Clement Basilica, Via Labicana, 95, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that although we purchase skip the line tickets for the Colosseum there can be some waiting to pass the security check. Every visitor to the Colosseum must pass a metal detector security check.
- Please be on time to avoid losing entry and thus missing the tour.
- The order of the itinerary and start time is subject to change according to ticket availability and security reasons. You will always be notified.
- A current valid passport or ID document is required on the day of the tour for the entrance at the Colosseum. Also a copy is accepted.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please make sure you ask the guide any curiosities you may have during the tour, we want to ensure you have the very best experience!
- Please bring comfortable shoes and a refillable water bottle.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.