Fez Medina Cultural Walking Tour | Fez Medina Half-Day Guided Tour | Fez Tours
Are you looking for a lifetime experience that will remain etched in your memory forever? then sign up for this best Fez Medina Cultural Walking Tour. You'll be taken back to Medieval Times, the Fez el-Bali is listed by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and is the largest urban car-free district in the world. The only means of transportation are donkeys and mules. The Medina has thousands of intricated alleyways filled with mysteries, bustling cafes, kids playing in the streets, women carrying bread to the communal oven for baking, the calls to prayer, men with Jellabas...are some cultural experiences you'll come across...
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking local tour guide
- Unique Experiences
What's excluded :
- Historical Sites, Museums & Attractions
- Entry/Admission - Medina of Fez
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nejjarine
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Medina of Fez, Fes 30000 Morocco
You'll spend your half-day cultural guided walking tour of the Fez el-Bali (Oldest Fez) with a local professional tour guide who knows the Fez Medina like the back of their hands. Meander around the intricate alleyways of the Medina, learn about the history and appreciate the deep-rooted heritage that has been preserved since the foundation of the city. You'll be taken back to medieval times and you'll see why it's the largest carfree districts in the world and why it's a UNESCO World Site Heritage. To sum it up all, this is going to be a lifetime experience!
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Mosque and University Karaouiyn, Fes, Morocco
Pass by the oldest formal university in the Islamic World, built by Fatima Al-Fihri in 859 offering Islamic Education. Even Though non-Muslims are not allowed to get inside the building but just learning about the university is enlightening.
Stop At: Fontaine Nejjarine, Fes Morocco
Stop by the elegant Nejjarine Fountain, which is beautifully decorated in Zellij-tilework. The fountain was used for ablutions, where visitors performed the ritual purification known as wudu--the washing of hands, feet, mouth, face, nose, head, and ears with intention. It's built outside the Nejjarine Museum of Wooden Arts and Crafts...
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museo Nejjarine, Pl. Nejjarine, Fes 30030 Morocco
The Nejjarine Museum of Wooden Arts & Crafts goes back to 1711 being in the first place, a Fondouk, which is a lodging house for travelers with a designated courtyard where merchants used to store and sell their wares. Its actual name was Its name was Fondak En Nejjarin or Caravanserai of the Guild of Carpenters...
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chouara Tannery, Hay Lablida Chouara, Fes 30030 Morocco
The tanneries go back to the 11th century and still operating in the same fashion as it did in the early centuries. They have become one of the main attractions in Fez producing an excellent quality of leather using traditional dyes ingredients like cow urine, pigeon feces, salt, water, hides of cow, goat, sheep and camel...
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Blue Gate, Fes, Morocco
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- children must be accompanied by an adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.