Fluorescent Night Specialty
Course Philosophy and Goals
This specialty is an introduction to Fluorescence (Fluo) Night Diving, to familiarize divers with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of Fluo diving. It’s intended to serve as a safe and supervised introduction to Fluo diving. Training should emphasize safety and fun.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- The purpose of the PADI Fluo Specialty Diver Course is a safe introduction under professional supervision
into diving at night with blue light torches (flashlights) and mask filters to experience the effect of fluorescence in marine life.
The goals of Fluorescence Night Diver training are:
A. Knowledge of planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and risks of night
dives with fluorescence and its associated equipment.
B. Correct procedures of buoyancy control, navigation and communication skills.
C. Usage of underwater lights (with blue light source / LED) and emphasize use of the Buddy-System.
D. Procedures to follow in case of losing orientation and emergency procedures.
E. Knowledge of marine species excited by blue light and the causes / implications of this excitation.
F. Emphasize the relationship between recreational diving, reef health and protection.
Departure Point :Tyrrel Bay, Carriacou, Grenada
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Diving within 18 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.