Fly Fishing on Private Andean River Including Barbecue Lunch
We fish on a fast moving river stream, teeming with rainbow and brown trout. This excursion takes you to the most beautiful, isolated valleys with private rivers. This excursion is perfect for beginners and enthusiasts. We start with your pick up at your hotel in Mendoza and we will head towards a mountain ranch in Uco Valley. We fish trout all day watched by desert fox, distant puma and condors and at 2pm we have a barbecue lunch with beef, salads and fine wines. We resume fishing in the afternoon and return to Mendoza City at 6pm. Transport with guide is included, as are snacks, lunch and drinks. All fishing equipment is supplied. Horseback riding is available as an extra option.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- There is nothing quite like the thrill of coaxing wild brook trout from a high Andean river, watched by condor and surrounded by snowey peaks. Fly fishing in Mendoza is the perfect opportunity to escape the crowds and enjoy pristine nature in all its glory. Fishing is possible throughout the year but the best months are from September to April. The rivers are two hours drive from the city and are mostly fast flowing mountain creeks in the high sierras. You will be collected at 8 am in Mendoza after which we will drive south for two hours until we reach La Carrera, a mountain road which connects Valle de Uco with the foothills of the Andes at an elevation of 2000m above sea level.
The day will be spent fly fishing at an Andean ranch with a private river.
• Potrerillos Dam, Cacheuta, Mendoza Argentina
• Valle de Uco, Tupungato Argentina
• Empanadas - traditional Empanadas
• Barbacue - Argentine Asado with fine wine and salads
• Flan - Flan
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
airbnb and lodges located in the Great Mendoza
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear long pants, long sleeve shorts and sturdy shoes. Sunglasses are also essential.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.