Forgotten Islands - Kalamos & Kastos
Traditional cruise with plenty of swimming, snorkeling &relaxing for the perfect day out on forgotten islands!!
First stop will be at the historic CAVE of PAPANIKOLIS on Meganisi island. A morning swim in the crystal clear waters of the tiny island of FORMEKULA. Then to the island of KASTOS where we will visit the only village and after that we will go to one of the unspoilt and tranquil beaches for swimming and relax – 2 hours stop.
Later on, for 1 hour to the island of KALAMOS into the main village for stroll around this unchanged harbor and then 1 hour more to swim on one of the beautiful beaches. On the way back, a sightseeing at the islands: Scorpios – Scorpidi – Madouri – Sparti .
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Transfer from Hotel to Nidri Port and from Nidri Port to Hotel is not included in the rate.
- Food/drinks are not included
- Tips (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Papanikolis Cave, Meganisi Greece
Papanikolis sea cave: Archaeologists believe that the Cave of Papanikolis used to be the hideaway of a submarine. It is replete with many caves. Papanakolis Cave is ideally located on the island of Meganisi, which is a mere 12 nautical miles from Nydri village, Lefkada. The best way to reach the cave is by a boat cruise from Nidri and it takes approximately 45 minutes to reach the cave.
This cave shot into prominence during World War II by virtue of being a secret hideaway for the submarine Papanikolis. The sheer magnitude of The cave is astounding. It is believed that the Papanikolis submarine would tuck up inside this mammoth cave after its blitzkrieg on the Italian armada. First-time visitors will live an awesome experience.
The remarkable Papanikolis Cave is actually the second largest cave in Greece. It is not an authentic sea cave, but a karst cave, and is presently partially inundated by the sea. This cave was much preferred by the ships that would drop anchor inside the cave during spells of inclement weather. This cave could easily accommodate even large shipping vessels with their flagstaff.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kastos Island, Kastos Island, Ionian Islands
ust a few kilometres southeast of Meganissi, Kastos is the ultimate Ionian Island hideaway, blessed with lovely beaches, peace and quiet, and a deliciously simple way of life.
Measuring just 8km from north to south, and less than 1km from east to west, Kastos is a little gem of a place, inhabited by around 50 permanent residents only. This diminutive size, allied to its unspoilt beauty, makes it the ideal destination for anyone looking for a holiday away from it all.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kalamos, Kalamos, East Attica Region, Attica
Kalamos is not a conventional island. It is a tall mountain range which floats on the sea, its northern side overgrowing with towering, thick pine trees. It is obvious to even the non-specialist visitor that these pines are of a special species.
They perch everywhere, even at the most precipitous points, sprouting from the rocks and reaching as far as the edge of the sea, as though they insisted on demonstrating their superiority over the place.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Port Nidri, Lefkada Municipality 311 00, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.