Frascati Wine Tour Experience with Lunch in Small Group by Minivan from Rome
Very peaceful Day Trip at a short distance from Rome ● Visit and enjoy Frascati with its authentic and welcoming inhabitants and explore a real Winery ● Discover the fascinating Frascati, tasting the local delicacies and its great wines ● Relax while travelling on a very comfortable Minivan ● Enjoy a small group of 15 people or fewer for the best intimate experience
What's included :
- Free pick-up and drop off service from your accommodation in Rome, if centrally located
- Private Round Trip transfer from Rome to Frascati by Car or Minivan with professional driver
- Walking Tour in Frascati with stops to taste local food
- Visit to Frascati Winery in the vineyards with an English speaking guide and a wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - Frascati Centro storico
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
Stop At: Frascati Centro storico, Da Via del Tuscolo, Frascati Italy
Enjoy a great relaxing day away from the crowded metropolis of Rome. This is the perfect excursion for people looking for tasty Roman food and wine, wishing to share this intimate experience with other friends and to make great memories of the authentic gem of Frascati. Frascati is at short distance from Rome, and it widely famous for its charming streets and especially for its stunning wine! In this magical place, the wine is the main actor ever since the Ancient Romans used to live here; this tour will help you discover the history, the culinary tradition and all the secrets of this outstanding village. The departure will be from the center of Rome (or directly from your accommodation if it is centrally located) at 09.15 a.m. In just 1 hour drive you will reach Frascati and there you will meet our friendly guide Dominque.
The tour has officially started! Dominique will accompany you on a short stroll around the streets of Frascati where you will taste the famous Frascati roasted pork from the oldest bakery in town (the famous “Porchetta”), sip the Frascati wine in a jug at a traditional ‘Fraschetta’ and meet the local baker, tavern owner and other characteristic locals. During the tour, you will also visit some iconic places like Villa Aldobrandini, Frascati’s Saint Peter’s Church, the main market plaza, many typical shops and taverns, the Bishop’s Palace and the 12th century church St. Rocco.
After this detailed introduction of the town, with a short and pleasant walk you will get to the Frascati Winery. There you will take a walk through the vineyard with the vintner, learning about the different varieties of grapes and pruning systems of Frascati. In the 16th century cellar, you will learn how the Frascati jugged wine used to be traditionally made and see all the old machinery and tools that were used in the winemaking process. You will also explore the deep wine cave in which ancient Roman artifacts have been discovered.
After the tour of the vineyard, you will have an enchanting wine tasting experience that will make you savor the flavor of the three types of wine the vineyard produces. The first is a white Frascati Superiore DOCG, the second is a red Vagnolo wine IGP, and the last is a sweet Cannellino wine. All three will be paired with the vineyard’s olive oil, pizza and peculiar breads and fresh seasonal fruits or vegetables harvested right in their garden. You can relax and enjoy this sensorial experience. Your guide is a licensed wine sommelier who will happily share his wide knowledge with you in order to satisfy any curiosity you might have.
At the end of the winery experience, you will walk back to the center of Frascati, right into a charming Osteria for lunch. This includes a mixed platter of typical Roman cuisine, like ricotta with honey and walnuts, local cheeses, prosciutto, salami and mozzarella, or your choice of traditional Roman pasta, like gnocchi with truffle sauce or spaghetti with cured ham sauce or any possible special they have on the menu for that day. One of the best wines of the Frascati Winery will be served during the lunch.
After lunch, at about 02.30 p.m., you will return back to Rome by Minivan. You will arrive at your accommodation in Rome at approx. 03.30 p.m.; you can also ask the driver to drop you off in a specific place in the city center in order to enjoy other stunning experiences in the great Eternal City.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Piazzale di Porta Pia, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick-up and drop off service from your accommodation in Rome, if centrally located
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands