Fridays - Halloumi Heaven: Cheese-Making Class & Troodos Mountain Villages 7h
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine...
There's nothing like tasting fresh, warm hallloumi cheese straight out of the pot and on this small group excursion there will be plenty to enjoy throughout the day! During this unique activity you'll have the opportunity to make 2 kinds of Cypriot cheese from start to finish. The workshop ends with a delicious brunch that includes the fresh cheeses made plus lots more.
We'll continue our journey into the scenic mountain villages to visit a winery for a tour and tasting session. Next we'll go back in time to explore the islands history of wine-making and visit an old cellar located within a historical monastery. Lastly, a stop in the village of Geroskipou for a tour and tasting of a small local sweets workshop.
Unlike other tours... EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED - NO HIDDEN COSTS
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - We'll enjoy a wine tasting along the way.
- Snacks - Enjoy nibbles and tastings throughout the day.
- Brunch - After making our breads & cheeses - you'll enjoy a fantastic sit-down brunch!
- Coffee and/or Tea - Mountain tea, black tea and Cyprus coffee along with homemade lemonade is offered throughout the cheese-making workshop along with refreshing homemade lemonade. Bottled water throughout the tour.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All tasting and entrance fees
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
- Entry/Admission - Vouni Panayia Winery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cyprus Taste Tours - Paphos, Aphrodite Gardens, Agiou Panaretou 20-F001, Paphos 8036, Cyprus
We'll pick you up from a Paphos location of your choice. Our team guarantees you a fantastic day out - we'll make the most of your time with us and take you on a bespoke journey through Cyprus villages. Established in 2011 - we're confident we know all the best spots and we never stop exploring! We're all fully trained in the traditional foods and wine of the island and you'll be sure to receive a professional, 5 star experience. When booking with Cyprus Taste Tours - you'll be supporting a small local business and helping to keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
Stop At: Troodos Mountains, Troodos Mountains
You'll be picked up from a Paphos location of your choice and driven into the Troodos mountain countryside to reach the destination of our host. This will be a beautiful scenic drive through villages and vineyards.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Letymvou, Letymvou, Paphos District
You'll be taken to the house of a local village lady to learn the traditional technique of halloumi and anari cheese making along with village bread baking. In-between activities, there'll also be a chance to explore the traditional house of our host which part of has been kept as a small folk museum. This hands-on workshop ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you'll enjoy a delicious brunch which will include the cheeses & breads made plus lots more.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vouni Panayia Winery, 60 Archiepiskopou Makariou III Avenue, Pano Panayia 8640 Cyprus
At this fantastic boutique winery you'll have the chance to meet the family behind the wine-making and have all your questions answered. You'll tour the premises and learn about the process and history of wine. This will be followed by a tasting session where you'll discover the indigenous grape varieties of the island and experience a selection of at least 3 wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chrysorrogiatissa Monastery, Main Road through village, Pano Panayia Cyprus
While driving through the Paphos hills we'll also include a bonus stop at an old wine press located within this historical monastery.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Geroskipou, Geroskipou, Paphos District
On our way back into Paphos we'll stop in the village of Geroskipou to learn about the traditional sweets with a tour and tasting at a small local workshop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer door-to-door transport from almost any Paphos location including hotels, airbnbs, private accommodation, landmarks etc. We can also offer pick-up or drop-off at Paphos airport if this makes your participation more convenient. In the unlikely case that we cannot fulfil pick-up - a full refund will be processed.This tour runs on specific dates - if the available dates aren't suitable and you would like to take part in a food / wine experience on another day then please check Cyprus Taste Tours for our other options as we have activities running on every day of the week.Airports
- Paphos International Airport, Paphos, Cyprus
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We make sure our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after every tour. Your safety is our priority and we assure you that we take precautionary measures seriously. We look forward to hosting you safely!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.