From Freiburg to Basel: The full day tour to Switzerland!
Today will be a fantastic opportunity to experience Basel and the Switzerland on a very comfortable pace.
You will learn everything about this city’s colourful past and present.
You will be offered a journey where some hidden passages are paved with centuries-old cobblestones. You will be lead through the Celts & Roman cultures (originally settled in Basel), from the founding of Switzerland’s first University in 1460 to the unification with the Swiss Confederation in 1501, from the history of the reformation to Erasmus. Moreover, you will be shown the most contemporary aspects of this beautiful city where arts play an extraordinary role.
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided walking tour in Basel.
- English commentaries while driving.
- Professional, expert and licenced driver.
- A warm welcome.
- Entry/Admission - Basel Minster
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee / art museum.
- Personal insurance.
- Driver gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Fine Arts Museum Basel - Kunstmuseum
Stop At: Basel Minster, Rittergasse 3, Basel 4051 Switzerland
After a 1 hour drive from Freiburg, you will be comfortably driven in the heart of the historical center from Basel. You will enjoy a historical guided tour from the city's center, including the famous cathedrale and city hall from the city, one of the homeplace of the reformation during the XVI century.
After the walking tour, you will enjoy some free time in town and the great oportunity to taste on your own the local gastronomic specialties from Switzerland.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Fine Arts Museum Basel - Kunstmuseum, St. Alban-Graben 16, Basel 4051 Switzerland
Basel is famous for hosting once a year the first art exhibition in the world, showing the works of over 4,000 artists. This afternoon will be dedicated to visit on your own the art museum of Basel (Closed on mondays). The Kunstmuseum Basel’s collections comprise ca. 4,000 paintings, sculptures, videos, and works of installation art, as well as the ca. 300,000 drawings and prints from seven centuries held by the Kupferstichkabinett.
In case you wish not to discover the art museum, your afternoon will be at leisure.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Freiburg Concert Hall, Konrad-Adenauer-Platz 1, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- - Vehicle disinfected before and after each tour. - We avoid all the crowed places, we go where the others do not go! - A minimum use of the air conditioning in the vehicle while driving (The windows will constantly stay open (a Minimum), to prevent a Closed Space).