From Yogyakarta: Dieng Plateau Golden Sunrise Private Day Trip
Travel the off beaten path through the Dieng Plateau to experience the glorious sunrise from Sikunir Hill. Explore all the natural wonders including the "Colourful Lake" via Batu Pandang Hill, Sikidang Crater, and Arjuna Temple Complex.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Admission fee to enter all sites
- Pick up & drop off service
What's excluded :
- Food or Drink
- Get picked up from your hotel in Yogyakarta at midnight and travel in comfort to Dieng Plateau for roughly 3 hours. Ascend by foot for 30 minutes to the top of Sikunir Hill and enjoy the surrounding misty atmosphere while waiting for the most beautiful golden sunrise. Be rewarded by the panoramic view of up to 8 volcanoes from this vantage point (depending on weather conditions).
From the top of Sikunir Hill, you will head to Batu Pandang Hill to enjoy the "Colourful Lake" from the top of the hill. Telaga Warna Lake, or ‘Colourful Lake’, contains water that can change in fluctuating colors. At times it can be green, purple, yellow or even taking the colors of the rainbow! This phenomenon occurs when the sun hits the water due to its high sulfur content.
Continue your journey to the Sikidang Crater, an open sulphur crater filled with bubbling mud and constantly bellowing clouds of steam. You will feel like you’ve landed in another planet with the distinctly bumpy and dusty terrain surrounding the crater. Complete your tour with a visit to the Arjuna Temple complex, consisting of small Hindu temples showcasing Hindu architecture dating back to the 7th century.
Departure Point :
We will pick you up from your hotel in Yogyakarta or Borobudur area.
OtherSpecial Region of Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Departure Time :1:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.