Full-Day Golden Circle and Northern Lights Tour
The Golden Circle tour starts in Reykjavik and takes about 8 hours and the Northern Lights tour in the evening is about 4 hours. Your guide will take you to the best spots on the Golden Circle and explain the way of life in Iceland, history, culture and geology by minivan. In the evening you will then go on an exiting Northern Lights hunt in the surroundings of Reykjavik. Sights include: Earthquake center in Hveragerði, Gullfoss "The Golden Waterfall", Geysir geothermal area, Þingvellir National park and one of the filming locations for Game of Thrones.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Departing from Reykjavik in the morning the course is set to Hveragerði, a lovely small town nesting below the mountain pass Hellisheiði. In Hveragerði, you will learn about how the town is using the energy from the ground. You will also discover why the earthquakes are common in this town, and you will make a short stop at the local bakery (not included).
From Hveragerði you will be taken directly to Gullfoss waterfall where you have the opportunity to see the waterfall, both from above and up close. After your stop at Gullfoss, it will be time to get some lunch. The perfect place to do that is Geysir geothermal area. You will stop long enough at Geysir to observe the beautiful hot springs and geysers in the area and to get a good lunch (not included).
The last stop of the day is at Þingvellir national park. You will drive trough an agricultural area and a small university campus at Laugarvatn. You will spend 30-45 minutes at Þingvellir national park, a birthplace of a nation and one of the most important historical sights in Iceland. This park is also one of the filming locations of Game of Thrones.
You will head back to Reykjavik in the afternoon to rest and prepare for the Northern Lights hunt in the evening.
Your guide will then pick you up and drive out of the city lights to find the best possible spots to look for the Northern lights. Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Reykjavik hotels - please note that some city center hotels and guesthouses are in a bus restricted zone that requires guests to wait at certain bus stops
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Dress code is smart casual: Warm waterproof clothes and comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.