Full-Day Golden Circle Guided Tour from Reykjavik by Minibus
The Golden Circle is a must-do day tour out of Reykjavik. Travel by minibus for the opportunity to discover some of the highlights of south-west Iceland. Gain a general insight into the Icelandic history, geology, its people and rich cultural heritage. Along side your professional guide, and a group of other eager travelers, experience the beautiful landscapes, expansive scenery, and two of the most famous attractions: Gullfoss and Geysir.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned/heated minibus
- Complementary WiFi is available during transportation
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- This Golden Circle tour begins with hotel pickup by minibus between 8:30am and 9am. Your first stop will be at the Earthquake Center in the small town of Hveragerði, an approximate 20-minute stop. Next, head to the Gullfoss, "The Golden Waterfall" where it is possible to walk down to the waterfall to truly experience and feel the power of nature. After about 45-minutes, you will move on to Geysir geothermal area where you will stop to admire the hot springs and the boiling mud pits. You will have about 1-hour and 15-minutes at this stop, offering you the chance to get lunch or snacks (at your own cost) at one of the restaurants located next to the hot springs. On the way to your next stop at Þingvellir national park, you will drive trough an agricultural area and a small university campus at Laugarvatn. You will spend 30-45 minutes at Þingvellir national park, a birthplace of a nation and one of the most important historical sights in Iceland. This park is also one of the filming locations of Game of Thrones. The stop at Þingvellir is your last stop of the day before heading back to Reykjavik City where your guide will get you back to your hotel or accommodation.
The tour duration is approximately 6-8 hours. Depending on traffic, you should be arriving back in Reykjavik City between 4pm and 6pm.
Departure Point :Pickup from your hotel or accommodation in Reykjavik
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats, booster seats, and baby strollers are available on request if advised at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Warm clothes and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Meals and snacks are not included in the tour but we stop at suitable locations with restaurants.
- Personal food or drink is allowed on the tour, but it is prohibited to consume it in the vehicle.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.