Full-Day Mingun and Ancient Capitals of Mandalay Tour
Join this exciting and historical full-day tour to visit Mingun, as well as 3 ancient capitals of Mandalay; Sagaing, Ava and Amarapura. Learn about the history as you wander through the stunning structures of these areas. An Informative and friendly guide and hotel pickup and drop-off included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local licensed tour guide throughout the tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle (car, driver, fuel included)
- Ferry and horse cart in Inwa (Ava)
What's excluded :
- Lunch and snacks
- Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Mandalay at 7:30-8am. From here, you will travel to Mingun. Mingun is home to the world’s largest uncracked ringing bell, the largest brick base Pathodawgyi Padoda and Myatheindan Pagoda with a distinctive architectural style modelled after the mythical Mount Meru (Myinmo taung).
You will then continue to Sagaing (the ancient capital of Shan and Myanmar Kingdoms) and visit Sunn Oo Ponya Shin on the tranquil Sagaing Hill. Also drop by at a local silverware cottage industry if time allows.
Enjoy lunch in at a local restaurant in Sagaing before leaving for Inwa (also known as Ava), a former royal capital of Myanmar Kingdom on the confluence of the Ayeyarwaddy River and Myitnge River.
After crossing the Myitnge River by a small ferry boat, we will take a horse cart to explore the ruins of the old royal capital including the watchtower, the 27m tall leaning tower of the old royal palace, Maha Aungmye Bonzan monastery (also known as Me Nu Oak Kyaung) built of brick in traditional style with elaborated stucco ornamentations that looks like carvings and the Bargaya monastery, a splendid teak wood monastery with wood curving.
Your last destination today is the Amarapura. It was the royal capital of Myanmar twice, from 1783 to 1821 and 1842 to 1859, during the Konbaung era before finally being superseded by Mandalay. If time permits, you will visit Amarapura Silk Weaving work shop or a handicraft workshop before heading to U Bein Bridge to explore the local way of life and enjoy the sunset before returning to your hotel in Mandalay.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :7:30-8am
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Please wear decent clothes that covers your shoulders and knees (no shorts, sleeveless tops or low neck tops) when visiting religious sites. Please cover your shoulders and knees and take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.