Full Day Private Guided Tour: Mahebourg & Ile aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve
Visit the oldest and most charismatic town as well as an island nature reserve!
Start at the Biscuiterie Rault, an over 100-year-old manioc (cassava) biscuit factory, unique in the world, Sample these very special biscuits with a good cup of tea. Appreciate the authentic ambience of this old town during a short walk through the old streets and a visit of the traditional market. The pretty Naval Museum commemorates the famous battle of Grand Port in 1810. The very authentic Creole Lunch at Karay Mario, a small delightful restaurant is an exceptional experience. In the afternoon, visit Ile aux Aigrettes, the island nature reserve in the lagoon and appreciate the conservation works done by the Mauritius Wildlife Foundation, working hard to preserve the endemic flora and fauna of Mauritius.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tasting of cassava biscuits
- Set menu for Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Manioc Biscuit factory H. Rault Co Ltd
- Entry/Admission - Ile aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- Drinks at lunch
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manioc Biscuit factory H. Rault Co Ltd, Fabien Road Ville Noire, Mahebourg, Mauritius
Biscuiterie Rault, a family business, is unique in the world for its cassava biscuits. They are available in various flavours and made following a traditional method, which has remained unchanged since its creation over 140 years ago. A visit to Domaine Les Délices, will allow you to discover their complete range of biscuits and will take you back to an atmosphere of days gone by.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Mahebourg, Mahebourg
Mahebourg used to be the Island naval port under the Dutch era. Nowadays its a quiet fisherman village known for its regatas. On Monday’s bazaar, you’ll find local handicrafts, fresh produce and limitless street food.
It doesn't take long to navigate the snaking rows of vendors, but it's well worth taking your time to explore every last corner.
Duration: 1 minute
Pass By: Mahebourg Waterfront, Rue de la Passe, Mahebourg, Mauritius
Mahebourg Waterfront is an iconic attraction in Mauritius. It is ideal for relaxation or enjoying a casual walk by the azure water.
Pass By: Beau Vallon, Beau Vallon
Drive towards Beau Vallon
Stop At: Ile aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve, Mahebourg Bay lagoon Mahebourg, Mauritius 50815
Ile aux Aigrettes is an islet off the south-east coast. It functions as a nature reserve and a scientific research station.
It preserves very rare remnants of the coastal forests of Mauritius and provides a sanctuary for a range of endemic and endangered wildlife species.
Highlights include Aldabra giant tortoises, ebony trees, wild orchids, and the endangered pink pigeon and other rare bird species.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If pickup & drop off is requested from Harbour or Cruise Terminal, this tour will be available on aprivate basis at a supplement.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The wearing of masks is compulsory during the whole journey.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.