Full Day Suwon Hwaseong Fortress and Korean Folk Village Tour from Seoul
With this full day, small-group tour, you will visit Suwon and the Korean Folk Village for approximately 8.5 hours. Suwon is located near Seoul and takes about an hour from Central Seoul to get to. You will first visit the Suwon Hwaseong fortress is a fortress protecting the city of Suwon. Then in the afternoon, you will visit Korean Folk Village to enjoy lifestyle of Joseon dynasty.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hwaseong Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Korean Folk Village
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hwaseong Fortress, 910, Jeongjo-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do 16253 South Korea
First, you wil start your trip with your guide picking you up from your hotel to visit the Suwon Hwaseong, where you can explore the impressive fortress of Suwon. This fortress is in total 5.52km (approximately 3.5 miles) and is a great military facilities since it is very difficult to find you once you hide inside.
You will explore the fortress by trolley. There are four gates which face each of the cardinal directions like North (Janganmun), South (Paldalmun), East (Changnyongmun) and West (Hwaseomun). During construction of the fortress, Jeong Yak-yong invented “Geojunggi” which is similar to a lever nowadays.
*Please note: The trolley ride may be cancelled depending on weather conditions.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Suwon, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do
After your visit to the Hwaseong Fortress, enjoy Korean lunch at a local spot.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Korean Folk Village, 90, Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin, Gyeonggi-do 17075 South Korea
The next attraction will be the Korean Folk Village which is located 30 minutes east. The village is a living museum that showcases the lifestyle of several centuries ago. There are potters, weavers, blacksmiths and other artisans who practice their trades in a traditional fashion and about 270 traditional houses that are open to visitors.
The village has official's houses, regular houses, traditional schools, hospitals and government offices. In the Korean Folk Village, lots of historical dramas were filmed, so it may be fun for those interested to see these sets. On top of it, you can enjoy many attractions at the Korean Folk Village such as museums and traditional performances.
*Please note: Performances in the Korean Folk Village may be cancelled depending on weather conditions.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Seoul, Seoul
After enjoying the Korean Folk Village, you will head back to Seoul and will stop by the Korean Ginseng Center or cosmetic duty-free shop. Afterwards, you will be dropped off at your pickup location.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :119 Sogong-ro, Sogong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us with full address of your accommodation in Seoul if it is not listed.Then we will inform the proper pick-up place with consideration of your location.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note: Performances in the Korean Folk Village and the trolley in Hwaseong Fortress may be cancelled due to bad weather.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.