Full Day Tonle Sap Lake Tour with Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary
There is more than meets the eye when heading to Tonle Sap. The Prek Taol Bird Sanctuary is home to a large amount of birds that use the flooded forest reserve as their nesting home and bear witness of the teeming wildlife at Tonle Sap.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Prek Toal Floating Village
- Entry/Admission - Tonle Sap River
What's excluded :
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Prek Toal Floating Village, Palm Village Apartment, Oknha Chrun You Hak St. (294), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
To wake up with the birds, one has to wake up early. We leave the hotel at around 05:30 hrs by your guide and driver (joined transfer) and travel as the sun rises to Chong Khneas, where will board the boat on the great Tonle Sap Lake to Prek Toal floating village with breakfast and a full briefing from the guide on the way.
Arrival the village will be around 07:30 hrs where our ranger from the center itself heads with us deep into the core of the birds’ breeding grounds inside the flooded forest. From here, to get a panoramic view over the area, we head up to a treetop observation platform that is constructed opposite the bird colonies. The view in the early morning is simply breathtaking from this view point.
The Prek Toal bird sanctuary has gained global recognition for eight particular species of bird; the Spot-billed Pelican, the Greater Adjutant, the Lesser Adjutant, the Milky Stork, the Painted Stork, the Black-headed Ibis, the Oriental Darter and Grey-headed Fish-Eagle. Thousands of common water-birds also breed here, where over 150 species have been recorded in total, in and around the Tonle Sap Lake.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tonle Sap River, Kampong Chhnang Cambodia
We return back to our floating village where you will have a simple, yet delicious lunch while floating on the water. After our lunch break, you will tour for this fascinating village by taking out paddle boats to bear witness of the unique way, the inhabitants of Tonle Sap make their living on their floating homes. We say goodbye to the families and head back by boat to the main land before our final stretch back to Siem Reap brings you safely to the doorstep of your hotel accommodation. You can expect to be back in Siem Reap at around 15:30 hrs.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Siem Reap Hotel
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- Please note: during the dry seasons from March to July, there are usually low water levels and an algae odor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. We reserve the right to alter the program due to seasonal and weather reasons.
- The bird colonies are at its busiest between December and April, but most species can be found throughout the year.
- The participants will have to sign a disclaimer form before taking the activity
- Tour leads by English expert guide of the center (Not your English tour guide)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.