Full Day Trip to Arles - Les Baux de Provence and Saint Remy de Provence from Montpelier
In this full day tour, you will see the highlights of Arles the UNESCO World Heritage site due to its Roman monuments, including the Roman arena, a Roman theater, the Alyscamps, a huge Roman necropolis, Roman baths and the church of St. Trophime, before strolling in the footsteps of Van Gogh and the places which have inspired him art. Arles is a must-see. Then head up to les Baux de Provence and discover this medieval village on 245 meter high rocky spur to discover a breathtaking view. Finally, go to Saint Remy de Provence to visit the monastery Saint-Paul de Mausole (own expense) where Van Gogh used to live for one year. Visit the historical center and get a free walk in the old town.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your guide in the morning at your hotel adress in Montpelier and move towards to Arles in your comfortable private vehicle. In Arles, enjoy a walk on the cours de la République with its rich architecture and charming cafés. See the Roman arena and typical architecture as you make your way to the old town of Arles. Explore the area’s, go into charming boutiques and craft shops to pick up a unique souvenir.
Afterwards head up to the charming village of Les Baux de Provence, located in the Alpilles mountains. Then follow Van Gogh's footsteps and explore Saint Remy de Provence and the monastery Saint-Paul-de-Mausole (not included - 5€/person), to learn and discover where the painter used to live for one year (1889-1890) and enjoy the magic ambiance of the place that did inspire some of his most famous paintings (la Nuit Etoilée/Starry Night). Then, enjoy a free walk in the old town of Saint Remy.
When you tour finishes, your guide will drive you back to your Departure Point.
Departure Point :Any adress in Montpelier
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.