Galata Maritime Museum Entry Ticket
An extraordinary adventure to discover six centuries of life on the sea. A glass and steel cladding designed by the Spanish architect Guillermo Vasquez Consuegra gives a new life to the oldest building in the Darsena area, the former arsenal of the Republic of Genoa, where galleys were built, armed and launched.
Galata Maritime Museum was opened in 2004, when Genoa was awarded European Capital of Culture. Today, this innovative and technological establishment is the largest maritime museum in the Mediterranean Sea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free cloakroom
- Entry/Admission - Galata Museo del Mare
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Audioguide (in English and Italian): available for 1
- Visit: Galata Museo del Mare, Calata De' Ansaldo Mari 1, 16126, Genoa Italy
An extraordinary adventure to discover six centuries of life on the sea. The museum is over 4 floors, with each floor giving details about Maritime history.
On the ground floor, among other artefacts, you can see Christopher Columbus in the famous portrait attributed to Ghirlandaio. Then Codice dei Privilegi, a collection of original manuscripts, contains the story the great navigator.
On the first floor discover how to build an 11-metre long oar and watch the re-enactment of the arrival of silver coffers to Genoa from Spain. In the Atlases and Globes’ Room you can see how geographical discoveries traced the contours of new lands and seas during the 16th and 17th century. Touch screens allow visitors to browse through maps of that period and geo-localize them to the present day.
Departure Point :Galata Museo del Mare, Calata De' Ansaldo Mari 1, 16126, Genoa Italy
Departure Time :3/1/2020 - 10/31/2020
11/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
Thursday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 06:30 PM Thursday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Animals are not admitted
- On your arrival please head to the welcome desk to exchange your voucher for the ticket
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by C-way srl