'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations Tour From Reykjavik
Spend a day exploring some of the incredible locations used in the hit TV series 'Game of Thrones' on this 8-hour tour from Reykjavik. With a professional guide leading the way, follow in the footsteps of the White Walkers at the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, visit the breathtaking natural vistas of Lake Thingvallavatn. Then, reimagine one of the most brutal sieges in the show's history at Thjorsárdalur valley. Round-trip transport on a comfortable, fully heated coach is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at major hotels, bus stops and cruise ports
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- National Park fees
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laxnes Horse Farm, Mosfellsbær, 271 Mosfellsbær, Iceland
Meet some of the extras on the show, the Icelandic horses that played the part of Westerosi horses
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Thorufoss, Laxa i Kjos River, Thingvellir Iceland
Visit the valley where Drogon surprised a goat herder by a waterfall, snatching up one of the goats before flying away.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Hop out of your coach at the gorge of Thingvellir, the stomping ground of the White Walkers and the trail that the savage Wildlings took across the north to the Wall. Marvel at the fissure in the earth's crust where the European and American tectonic plates slowly drift apart, and take in the expansive Icelandic landscape that stretches around you. Walking through the fissure, you can follow in the footsteps of Sansa Stark and Littlefinger on their way to the Eyrie, but instead of ending at the Bloody Gate you will see the magnificent waterfall Öxarárfoss.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: Þjóðveldisbærinn Stöng, Þjóðveldisbærinn, Iceland
A reconstructed Viking-era farmstead. Step out of the coach onto the site where a peaceful farming village was attacked by Wildlings under Tormund and the cannibalistic Thenns. As you explore the area on foot, be reminded of this bloody massacre. This is where the character Olly was first introduced to the series.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area, as well as from cruise ports.Pick-ups from hotels in the city center are not possible from directly in front of the hotel due to traffic restrictions, instead passengers must come to the nearest bus pickup point.Ports
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour may include discussions of adult subjects connected to the Game of Thrones series, and may not be suitable for young children. Please use discretion.
- Routes and locations visited may vary, depending on weather and road conditions
- Meals are not included, but stops will be made at a local restaurant or grocery shop where meals and snacks can be purchased. Alternatively you can bring a packed lunch.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.