Gastronomic Experience in Oaxaca
Your day will start with a visit to the Organic Market, walk through the aisles while we provide fascinating overview of the region´s culinary heritage.
We will also share information about many unique fruits, vegetables, and spices that you will use during your lesson.
After your class you will be able to identify these unique foods by sight, smell, and taste and be able to shop for them on your own with confidence.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned
- Tour of a local market.
- Recipes for the dishes prepared, including local dishes.
- Tortilla making workshop
- Full meal in outdoor patio
- English speaking staff.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico
You'll be picked up from your hotel and be driven to the Central Market, where you can select the ingredients you will use during your lesson.
In the class you will prepare about 4 dishes, including one more or main dish, soup, salsa or dessert.
You will learn how to charr chiles directly in the flame, learn the art of making tortillas and quesadillas by hand. You will learn how to grind spices in the stone mortar and pestle and the many other techniques that will help you achieve the same authentic flavor in your own kitchen!
We offer a mezcal tasting before we sit around dining table and enjoy the dishes we prepared. We will provide you with the receipes and a souvenir
The tour ends with a drive back to your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.