Great Ocean Road Small Group Luxury Eco-Tour
Experience an intimate encounter with the natural world, where the land meets the sea. See, feel, taste, touch the beauty of Australia as we wander the length of the Great Ocean Road past the fossil filled cliffs of Torquay, through the twisting, cracking bush in the Otway forest, to see the majesty of the Twelve Apostles.
Enjoy the spectacular Great Ocean Road coastline, history, food & culture and marvel at the Otway National Park's rainforest, mountains and waterfalls. Join the Twelve Apostle specialists on a small group adventure in ultimate comfort.
Van Virgin tours specialises in taking guests to unique locations found on no other tour. Our tours include many exquisite foodie experiences. We are known for our personal, unique, full service, authentically Australian tours for people who love a bit of adventure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Melbourne CBD Pick-up
- Light breakfast both days
- 2 course dinner
- Lunch stop in the beautiful art deco seaside town of Lorne
- Luxury Twin-share Private accommodation (with stunning beach views and champagne on arrival)
- Early morning arrival at the Twelve Apostles (best time to take photos of the Marine Park)
- Gibson Steps (private guided beach walk)
- Twelve Apostles Visitor Centre (optional helicopter flight*
- Loch Ard Gorge and the Razorback (private guided walk)
- London Bridge (private guided walk)
- Timboon food & wine experience (lunch* stop & whiskey tastings)
- Award winning Otway Estate Brewery (beer & cider tastings)
- Complimentary water & coffee
- Air-conditioned luxury touring van
- additional cost
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- 12 Apostles helicopter flight (optional)
- Meals not specified in the inclusions
- Alcoholic beverages and drinks
- Accommodation Once we receive your order we will contact you to discuss your requirements. When we have confirmed your accommodation with our 5-star provider we will contact you for payment. Limited availability of luxury accommodation exists along the Great Ocean Road so in the event it is booked out we will endeavour to source an equivalent option. Alternatively you may request a different style to suit your budget or circumstances. We will do our best to find the very best option for you.
- What you can expect
Melbourne hotel CBD pick-up in a luxury touring van for the leisurely drive from Melbourne along the full length of the Great Ocean Road where you will marvel at the huge cliffs, roaring seas, tranquil coves and secluded beaches.
Our first stop is the iconic Bells Beach with an international reputation as one of the world’s great surf beaches, Our guided tour includes the chance to ...walk on the white sand while listening to the history of “Bells”.
Continue to the famous Memorial Arch, a not to be missed photo opportunity and take in the beauty of the small hamlets of Anglesea, Aireys Inlet and Mogg’s Creek. Take a quick pitstop to say g’day to the local koalas at Kennet River before continuing on for lunch at the quaint coastal town of Lorne a popular surfing spot where you can watch the waves..shop...wander..relax...
The highlight of the day is the Cape Otway Lighthouse, which sits 90 metres above Bass Strait. Your visit includes a fully guided historical tour and the chance to climb the observation deck plus a coffee stop at the Lightkeepers Cafe.
Next is a guided rainforest walk in the Otway National Park before returning to your luxury accommodation* for the chance to unwind and soak up the amazing views while sipping on a well earned glass of champagne. Tonight includes dinner at a celebrated local restaurant.
Complimentary light breakfast in your room before we head off into the wild heart of the Twelve Apostles region arriving early before the day tripper crowds. The first stop is Gibson’s Steps with a safe guided walk along the beach to feel the sheer scale of the natural cliffs.
Next we arrive at the main event, the Twelve Apostles to experience this once in a lifetime view from above can take advantage of an optional helicopter flight*.
After a leisurely stroll along the 12 Apostles boardwalks we move on to the Loch Ard Gorge where we also visit The Razorback, a limestone stack constantly subjected to the forces of wind and water, before our last stop at the unique London Bridge.
After that stunning display of nature it’s time to head inland to the charming gourmet hub of Timboon. Local producers create whisky, yogurt, cheese, honey and mouth watering ice cream so it doubles as our lunch spot where you can enjoy a whiskey tasting from the local distillery. Just to prove you can never have too much of a good thing we make our final stop at the award winning Otway Brewery where you can explore the lush gardens or indulge in a beer and cider tasting.
Relax on the drive back to Melbourne, or share memories of the day with family and friends returning into Melbourne by approximately 7pm.
Departure Point :Centrally located Melbourne CBD hotels. Guests are asked to be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the agreed pick up time as pick ups times are just a guide.
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Guests will be dropped back at their centrally located Melbourne CBD hotels approximately 7pm on the second day.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Terms and Conditions
- Van Virgins highly recommends all passengers have travel insurance for the duration of the tour. Although every effort is made, Van Virgins shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control.
- Cancellation within 14 days before departure will result in a 20% cancellation fee. Failure to board, cancellation or change of date within 7 days of departure will result in full fare forfeiture. We recommend you have appropriate travel insurance, including a cancellation policy.
- Van Virgins reserves the right to cancel any tour if minimum numbers are not reached or in the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances. Van Virgins reserves the right to change any portion of the tour where the service, accommodation or activity cannot be provided. In this unlikely event every effort will be made to ensure a replacement service, accommodation or activity is provided. Our current prices and inclusions are valid until 31st December 2018. Van Virgins reserves the right to amend prices and change itineraries in unforeseen circumstances.
- There are no luggage storage facilities. Luggage may be stored with your accommodation provider. Any inappropriate luggage presented on the departure day (including strollers) may result in refusal to board.
- One overnight bag is permitted per person (max. 7kg). As the weather can be changeable it's wise to bring a warm jacket, raincoat or umbrella.
- Where possible Van Virgins will try to honour change of date requests. This is not possible for all tours and is always subject to availability. Change of date requests that are made with less than 7 days’ notice will be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Children are permitted on most tours, however due to the nature of tours, it may not always be recommended. All persons travelling on our tours must have a separate seat booked for their use. Our children’s fares covers up to 12 years old. Due to limited luggage restrictions on buses, pushers and prams are not permitted on some tours. Child restraints are not provided and must be supplied by the passenger accompanying the child or through us for a fee. Please discuss your requirements with our reservations team before booking.
- Van Virgins may offer complimentary pickup and drop off services for certain tours. Each tour will have its own list of pickup / drop off locations. Please note it is the customer’s responsibility to be waiting out the front of the specified pickup location at least 10 minutes before departure. Failure to wait out the front of your selected location may result in the tour guide being unable to locate you, causing failure to load. Van Virgins cannot be held responsible for passengers who fail to board.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that the tour details on their confirmation are correct and the contact details they have provided are up to date. It may be necessary for Van Virgins to contact passengers regarding the tour prior to departure date via a nominated mobile number. We recommend providing an Australian mobile number and checking your email regularly prior to your tour.
- Tours include most meals unless otherwise stipulated, however refreshments and snacks can be purchased on route. Van Virgins will do their best to accommodate dietary requirements however this is not able to be guaranteed.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.