Guaranteed Whale Watch in Kona
From December through March/April, the magnificent Humpback whales make their yearly migration from Alaska to Hawaii. Join us for a 2.5-hour tour on a comfortable, roomy boat and experience a close encounters with some of the biggest creatures in the ocean. Whale sightings are guaranteed, or you will be given a voucher for another tour.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Check-in at the tour office in Honokohau Harbor in Kona at 12:30pm for this 2.5-hour tour. Depart from the Honokohau Harbor on a 48-foot (15-meter) Delta, which has a large cabin, top observation deck for extra seating and great unobstructed views, a restroom, and plenty of room to move around.
Cruise the Kona coastline at a leisurely pace, taking advantage of the scenic ocean views while keeping your eyes peeled for the majestic Humpback whales. These giants average 80,000 pounds (36,000 kilograms)—the weight of about six elephants—and swim 3,500 miles each year during their migration. Calves can grow up to 100 pounds (45 kilograms) a day. On your way out and back, you may also spot pilot whales and false killer whales in the Pacific waters.
Bottled water and snacks are included. Whale sightings are guaranteed, or you will be given a voucher for another tour.
Departure Point :Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kalaoa, HI 96740, USA
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 5 must provide their own life vests
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Collapsible-wheelchair accessible—if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own assistant
- It's extremely rare, but if we do not see any whales on our tour, you are welcome to come back again during the same vacation, based on availability, free of charge. We recommend you book early in your trip so if you need to take advantage of the guarantee, you'll have more flexibility.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.