Guatapé & El Peñol private Tour out of Medellín
This tour is not just driving you from Medellín to Guatapé but providing you all our insight on the way to our destination. Besides, we take the most scenic route between Medellín and Guatapé so you can enjoy the most interesting scenery while many other tour operators take a shorter route where they do save some gas but miss out on showing the most amazing sites.
Upon request, we can include a visit to the well preserved town of El Retiro which has beautiful colonial style architecture.
Our reviews on Trip Advisor well reflect our commitment to quality and not ever taking our travelers for granted.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Relevant information of the places when applicable
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Lunch - No meals are included on this tour but we know the best places for stopping for a snack and for lunch.
- Entry/Admission - Piedra Del Penol
Pass By: Alto de las palmas, Av. Las Palmas, Vda. El Penasco, Envigado, Antioquia, Colombia
Drive by without stopping
Pass By: La Fe Reservoir, El Retiro - La Ceja, Retiro, Antioquia, Colombia
Drive by without stopping
Pass By: Club Campestre Hacienda Fizebad, Las Palmas-La Fé, Retiro, Antioquia, Colombia
We will drive by the Faith Reservoir and by the Hacienda Fizebad. We won't stop there but you will appreciate beautiful scenery during our drive through the area.
Pass By: Tierra Negra Vivero El Retiro, Km2 Vía, Don Diego-Llanogrande, Retiro, Antioquia, Colombia
Pass by without stopping
Pass By: Llanogrande Mall, Santa Lucia, Llano Grande, Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia
Drive by without stopping.
Pass By: Tutucán, a 56-347, Llanogrande-Rio Negro ##56-313, Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia
We will pass by without stopping.
Stop At: Piedra Del Penol, Highway El Penol - Guatape, Guatape Colombia
Also known as Peñón de Guatapé, the stop at the Rock is one of the highlights of the tour. You will enjoy amazing scenery, even if you decide not to climb the Rock.
Tickets are $20,000 COP per person which is approximately US$6.00
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plazoleta de los Zocalos, Cra. 28a #302, Guatape 053847 Colombia
A very colorful little square with lots of souvenir shops around it.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Parque Principal de Guatapé, Cl. 32 #29-61, Guatape, Guatapé, Antioquia, Colombia
We will walk around the town of Guatapé and visit the streets with the most beautiful "zócalos" including those at the main square.
There will be time to spend on your own, shopping, having coffee, etc.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Guatape Dam, Malecon, Guatape 053847 Colombia
Driving through between the town of El Peñol and Guatapé.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up right from your hotel in Medellín, even if it's not listed above.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Climbing the Rock requires going up 700 plus stairs but if excluding the Rock, the rest of the tour is wheel chair accessible.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate