Guided Hike in Portland's Forest Park! (Largest Urban Wilderness in the USA)
This activity is a 3-hour guided hike through Forest Park with the former Public Information Officer for the park. Explore giant douglas fir and cedar trees, ferns, and on clear days see beautiful views of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens.
Distance & Difficulty:
The total distance is 3-5 miles and is rated as "moderate" with some hills and switchbacks.
About Forest Park:
Forest Park is one of the largest urban parks in the world and the only city wilderness park in the United States. The park is home to hundreds of native plants and animals and offers more than eighty miles of trails - all within minutes of downtown Portland. While navigating the park on your own can be daunting, Sarah will ensure that you do not get lost!
Brunch / Lunch / Picnic
Interested in a picnic in the forest? How about lunch at our famous food carts? Just let Sarah know at the time of booking (or a day before the hike) so she can plan accordingly.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forest Park, NW 29 & Upshur to Newberry Road, Portland, OR 97210
Forest Park is the largest urban wilderness park in the United States. It is home to many species of native plants and animals. We will be walking into a forest of giant fir and cedar trees. There will be plenty of opportunities to stop and enjoy the views and take photos. Along the way I will tell you about the history of the park native Americans who lived here before us, and the types of wildlife to look out for including owls, elk, and great blue herons.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :The Dragonfly Coffee House, 2387 NW Thurman St, Portland, OR 97210, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
I pickup from the Hyatt Regency Hotel - Portland Convention Center. The Hyatt is a great place to meet because it is centrally located and accessible by transit (bus and train). Inside the hotel is a market that serves coffee and quick meals, as well as takeout snacks. Ports
- Port of Vancouver
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- What to Bring: sturdy shoes, daypack, water bottle, light jacket in case of rain, walking sticks if you use them
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.