Half-Day La Paz and El Alto Tour Including Cable Car
Sprawling El Alto, just outside La Paz, is one of Bolivia's fastest-growing, most fascinating cities. It's here you'll find Aymara fortune tellers, or "amautas," who'll read you your future, as well as the world's highest urban cable car and a wealth of colorful markets. On this 4.5-hour, guided tour, experience the wonders of this city that sits at 13,600 feet (4,121 meters), and sample traditional paceño snacks while weaving your way through the town.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bilingual guide service (English-Spanish)
- Traditional snack
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Choose from departure times at either 9am or 2pm, where your guide will conveniently meet you at the door of your La Paz hotel or guesthouse. Transportation is provided to El Alto—Bolivia's youngest city—and over the course of the 45-minute drive to El Alto from La Paz, your guide will explain the reasons behind the city's exceptional growth.
It's here where you'll find the Aymara people, who make up the ethnic majority, and meet an amauta or Aymara fortune teller, who can tell you about your future. From there you'll ride the world's highest urban cable car for an aerial perspective of the city, where views stretch out toward the Andes Mountains and the dense tangle of homes.
From there you'll visit the Buenos Aires neighborhood to shop at a traditional market, and learn about some of the traditional ingredients you'll find in Bolivian cuisine. While exploring the city's south zone on foot, get street-level views of the avenues and alleys that make up the residential neighborhoods, before finishing the tour with a sandwich de chola—a traditional paceño snack.
Having conquered the towering heights of El Alto, your guide will then drive you back to the door of your La Paz guesthouse or hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The duration of transfers are approximate. The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.