Half-Day Mingun Excursion from Mandalay by Boat
Explore Migun town and notable pagodas with our professional local guide on this half-day tour. Take an hour boat ride from Mandalay Jetty and enjoy scenic views of Ayeyarwady Rivers, great opportunity for photography. Discover and learn some history of these popular tourist attractions at Mingun such as Pondaw Paya, Settawya Paya, Pahtotawgyi Paya, Mingun Bell and Hsinbyunme Paya. Hotel pickup and drop-off is provided.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Bottled water and cool towel
- Private, round-trip boat ride from Mandalay to Mingun
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air-conditioned car
- Toll fee and fuel charge for car
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and camera fee
- Your tour starts with a hotel pickup around 8am by an air-conditioned vehicle and head to Mandalay Jetty. Embark on a boat and depart to Mingun situated around 7 miles (12km) or an hour’s boat ride away from Mandalay, along the Ayeyarwady River.
Upon arrival, we visit Pondaw Paya, the gigantic pagoda that was to have been 150m high but never finished, along the Ayeyarwady River. Next, we move on to the white Settawya Paya in which there is a marble footprint of Buddha.
We proceed to Mingun Pahtotawgyi Paya, a stunning white pagoda located at the southern part of Amarapura, close to U-Bein Bridge. Enjoy beautiful views and take some photos from the terraces over the countryside before we visit Mingun Bell.
Mingun Bell, the world largest uncracked and ringing bell, around 90 tonnes (90,718kg). You can step inside for a closer look or take photos. Last stop at Hsinbyume Paya, another beautiful white paya near river. It is an easy climb to get to the terrace and from there you get a great view. Take your time to explore and check out the hundreds of Buddha images in the alcoves around the pagoda. Our driver will transport you back to your hotel safely after a wonderful tour.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel in Mandalay
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.