Half-Day Sailing Adventure on Tonle Sap Lake
Cambodia’s Great Lake is often compared with the big, blue sea…simply because it is just that large. Better known as Tonle Sap, the country’s largest freshwater lake covers five provinces, provides for an income of millions of Cambodians, and has long been a favourable spot for nature and cultural explorations for visitors.
The size of Tonle Sap diminishes more than 50% in size during the dry season, and with the constant changes in water levels, farming communities and villages have opted for both stilted and floating homes to adhere to the changing of the seasons. A few hours on this magnificent natural phenomenon and one will unanimously agree that Tonle Sap is surprisingly diverse and worth to be included in your Siem Reap itinerary.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver from and to the embarkation point
- Transportation by local boat with a local captain
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Tonle Sap Lake
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees .
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are not included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tonle Sap Lake, Lower Mekong Basin Cambodia
Your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Siem Reap for sailing adventure over the Tonle Sap Lake. The largest fresh water lake in South East Asia, it is the lifeblood of the Cambodian fishing industry.
From mid-May to early October (the rainy season in Cambodia), the level of Mekong River rises. This will back up the Tonle Sap River and causing it to flow north-westwards into the “Great Lake”. In this period, the lake swells up to more than double its size (from 3000 square kilometres to over 7500 square kilometres). Due to this annual returning annual phenomenon, the Tonle Sap Lake is considered to be one of the world’s richest sources of freshwater fish.
With some photo stops along the way from Siem Reap to the lake, it is also home of the floating fishing village, where the tourists take local fishing boats to see many common things floating around: from your floating restaurant, school, police station, to even floating grocery cultivation. The daily activity of the fishermen living in and on their boats, living day in day out from fishing also gives the opportunity to observe how they breed the fishes in their fish tank and the techniques they use to prepare the fish.
We return back from the lake to your hotel either just before lunch time or, when booked as an afternoon excursion, at the end of the afternoon. The tour itself will take approximately 3 hours.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from only hotels inside Siem Reap, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Siem Reap. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Tonle Sap, Koh Ker, Banteay Srei and Siem Reap International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- During Cambodia’s dry season (running from March until end July), the lower water levels of the Tonle Sap River do not permit visits to the fishing and floating villages.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.