Surf and hike in Montezuma Costa Rica
Come and try the best thing to do in Costa Rica. Learn to surf in paradise! In this four-hour surf adventure you will experience amazing surf, enchanting locations, adventurous jungle trails(without carring the surf boards), breathtaking nature and exhilarating wildlife. Safety is our primary focus so we take surf to Playa Grande, a beach that it's located thirty minutes hike from Montezuma and is between two protected areas and wildlife refuges. With a long and big sandbar bottom, this is the perfect place to learn your first steps on surfing in a gentle and safe way. All surf equipment is included, and on the beach. The surf class is 2 hours and we do a break to recharge and get water & fruits (included in the price)
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
Let us help you to achieve your dream and learn one of the most satisfying experiences, the art of Surfing. After meeting in our meeting point in the center, of Montezuma town. We will hike through the very first protected areas and nationals parks in Costa Rica to get this surfing paradise located10 km inside the golf of Nicoya. because of this location, Playa Grande is protected from big swells and big currents creating like a pool with waves and holding a long sandy bar bottom all year round, the perfect place for the very first steps on surfing.
In this class we will cover a theoretical introduction for about 30 minutes: to behavior and attitude in the water, the 6 safety rules of the safety protocol for beginner level of surfing, basic techniques of surfing, and local surf etiques.
Also, we will take you to the water where you will practice with your instructor all the new knowledge. we will encourage you and provide you positive feedback to make this an unforgettable experience!!
we will have a middle brake on the class for hydration, resting and chilling. where we will provide you fresh fruits and water.
• Playa Montezuma, Ruta Nacional 624, cerca de la Escuela Moctezuma, Montezuma 60111 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Montezuma, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/1/2020 - 10/1/2021
10/2/2021 - 10/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.