Half Day Tour to Desert Castles from Amman (Self-Guided)
Delve deep into the history of Jordan on this half-day tour to the Umayyad Desert Castles in the Eastern Desert (Self-Guided)
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation by new air-conditioned vehicles
- Professional English-speaking driver
- All transfers as described in the program
- Entrance Fees
What's excluded :
- Meals and beverage.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Local Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
Jordan's Umayyad desert castles are beautiful examples of early Islamic art and architecture and stand testament to a fascinating era in the country's rich history. Take a half-day tour and delve deep into the history of Jordan.
The structures are called “castles” because of their imposing stature. The desert complexes once served various purposes as caravan stations, agriculture and trade centers, resort pavilions, and outposts that helped distant rulers forge ties with local Bedouins.
Inside the castles, early Islamic art can be found. The fine mosaics, frescoes, stone and stucco carvings are inspired by the best in Persian and Graeco-Roman traditions and reveal to us countless stories of the life as it was during the 8th Century.
Alongside the castles you will also visit the black basalt fort at Azraq, which had been in continuous use since late Roman times, and was the headquarters of Lawrence of Arabia during the Arab Revolt
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up the guests from any hotel or meeting point in Amman
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.