Half-Day Traditional Cooking Class in Kathmandu
Participate in a traditional cooking class full of fun and flavour, as you visit with a unique social enterprise (Seven Women) that has changed the lives of more than 5,000 disadvantaged women in Nepal.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking teacher
- Transportation to and from the Seven Women centre
- Entry/Admission - Seven Women Centre
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs or items of personal nature
- The class will be run at the Seven Women headquarters in Kathmandu, where you will meet some of the women of Seven Women and hear the stories of how this social enterprise has made such a massive difference in Nepal through its literacy classes, skills training, and income generation programs. You’ll learn how Seven Women began and has grown from seven women operating out of a tin shed to now assisting more than 5,000 women.
Once you have a grasp on the local ingredients, you’ll learn some delicious Nepalese recipes, all of which will be explained by local women who have passed them along through the generations. You will be guided through the recipe preparation and local methods while you learn to cook some of Nepal’s most traditional and tasty dishes. After the meal is made, we’ll all sit down to dine together.
Departure Point :Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Please dress modestly, with sleeves and pants or a skirt that comes below the knees.
- All net proceeds from this tour will go directly to Seven Women , a social enterprise working to help disadvantaged women in Nepal.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: This tour is run in collaboration with Seven Women, a non-profit organisation, socially and economically empowering marginalised and disabled women in Nepal through skills, training, and employment.
- Money from this tour is used to develop literacy projects and fund relevant training to enable marginalised women in remote villages to develop local income streams. You can feel good knowing that all net proceeds from this tour go directly to Seven Women.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.