Hidden Budapest Bike Tour with Vasarely Museum Entry
Cycle off the beaten track into the city's more obscure districts and get a look at the places all but ignored by tourists. Discover the thriving subculture and vibrant contemporary arts scene. Explore industrial areas and gritty back streets. Visit the home of Op-Art: The Victor Vasarely Museum. Ride along the Danube and stop in a local cafe for a refreshment stop.
per adult from
270 to 300 minutes
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Bike rental with optional helmet during the tour time
- Refreshment stop with a soft drink
- Hungarian snack
- Entry fee to Vasarely Museum
What's excluded :
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
- Gratuity/tip (optional)
- During the alternative tour we give you a glimpse behind veil. Rather than looking backwards, we go off the beaten track, in search of what make Budapest the unique and buzzing city it is today.
Cycling from the Opera House we make our way to the evergreen Margaret Island to look at gems like the Art Nouveau Water Tower and the Japanese Garden. From here it’s off to Obuda where we’ll explore old factories and visit the museum dedicated to Op Art and the works of Victor Vasarely.
After a short refreshment break at a local pub, we’ll take a look at the work of both amatuer and professional graffiti artist on Budapest’s longest legal graffiti wall. After checking out the graffiti scene, it’s time to see the striking Obuda Gas Works. Then a relaxed bike ride down to the river bank. Here rest ourselves in an outdoor cafe, we can watch boats on the busy river and try a “langos”, the traditional Hungarian snack.
Departure Point :Budapest, Lázár u. 16, 1065 Hungary
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 23 km / 18 miles with breaks along the way.
- Due to the long distance cycled on this tour, children under 12 are not able to take part
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Supplier reserves the right to alter and change tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Group size is maximum 10 people per departure. Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need to mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.