Hiking Tour in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge with Scenic Boat Ride
Embark on a boating and hiking adventure to discover parts of the Kenai Peninsula that go unseen by most travelers. Journey across a turquoise glacial lake nestled in the Kenai Mountains as you head further into the Alaskan wilderness.
Once you land on shore begin an exhilarating hike through the backcountry of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. Trek through the forest as your guide points out local wildlife, and then climb above the tree-line to marvel at spectacular mountain views. Eat a picnic lunch and admire the delicate wildflowers and berries before making your way back. A trip of a lifetime!
per adult from
What's included :
- Small-group exclusive tour
- Transport by boat on Skilak Lake
- Lunch (deli wraps, granola bar, piece of fruit)
- Professional backcountry wilderness guide
- Interpretive guided hiking
- Entry/Admission - Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
What's excluded :
- Transport to and from meeting place - Upper Skilak Lake Campground and Boat Launch
- Personal gear (rain gear, clothing, backpack, etc.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, 1 Ski Hill Road, Soldotna, AK 99669
Enjoy hiking and boating through the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, hiking through the forest, or above the tree-line, if you choose the strenuous option. Your knowledgeable guide explains some of the area’s history. Boat across a glacial lake in the midst of soaring cliffs as you journey deeper into the wilderness.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Skilak Lake, Alaska, USA
Your entire tour will take place on, near, and/or around Skilak Lake.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Upper Skilak Lake Campground, Unnamed Rd,, Cooper Landing, AK 99572, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What To Bring: Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip. Bring snacks, and a full water bottle. Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots or shoes. Waterproof rain jacket and rain pants. Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions. Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items. Cash if offering guide gratuities.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infant meals not included
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking, with options to accommodate large groups, please inquire with operator directly
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.