Hilo Shore Excursion: Volcanoes National Park, Rainbow Falls and Highlights
Cruise Ship Guests: We have special permits to pick up directly from Hilo port of call. Departure times may be adjusted to fit your ships arrival & departure.
Hilo Hotel Guests: We will message you your departure.
Tour grade: Easy
Highlights of this tour include Black Sand Beach, Rainbow Falls, Liliuokalani Japanese Garden, Drive through Down Town Hilo, Macadamia Nut Farm,
Orchid Flower Nursery, Volcanoes National Park - Steam Vents , Sulfur Banks Thurston Lava Tube,Kilauea Visitor Center & Exhibits Kilauea Iki Crater look out.
Lunch: Stop will be made by local vendor
per adult from
What's included :
- Port / Hilo Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Nahuku - Thurston Lava Tube
What's excluded :
- What to bring/wear: Walking shoes, light sweater, camera, hat, sunglasses
- Stop is made to purchase food
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Banyan Drive, Island of Hawaii, HI
Our first path drives us down Banyan Drive known as the "Hilo Walk of Fame" for the banyan trees planted by celebrities, such as Babe Ruth and Franklin Roosevelt and many others. These trees have withstood several tsunamis that have devastated the town of Hilo
Pass By: Liliuokalani Gardens, Banyan Drive, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720-4680
This is the largest Japanese garden outside of Japan donated by Queen Liliʻuokalani in 1917. Throughout the gardens are stone lanterns, gazebos, and torii gates, recalling the Japanese immigrants who came to Hawaii.
Pass By: Hilo Downtown Improvement, 140 Kinoole St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Pass through the historic town of Hilo and see the King Kamehameha Statue learning the story how he has conquered Hawaii.
Stop At: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
breathtaking 80 ft waterfall, Rainbow Falls. These beautiful falls get their name from the rainbow that is often visible in the mist that rises as the water cascades to the rocks 80 feet below.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mauna Loa Gift Store, Macadamia Nut Rd, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, where you will have the opportunity to purchase lunch and get a taste of the island. Hawaii is one of the largest producers of macadamia nuts, and you will get to drive through the macadamia nut orchards on the way to the farm.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
We will then make our way to the summit of Kilauea volcano at the Volcanoes National Park, the most highly regarded and revered volcanic area on Earth. The Park highlights two of the world's most active volcanoes--Kilauea and Mauna Loa--and offers insights on the birth of the Hawaiian Islands and views of dramatic volcanic landscapes. At the park, you will stop at the Visitor Center, witness the spectacular collapsed caldera, steam vents, sulfur banks, and fascinating scenic lookouts. No trip to Hawaii is complete without a trip to Volcanoes National Park.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nahuku - Thurston Lava Tube, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI 96718
LAVA TUBE NOW OPEN! We will walk through a lava tube and the guide will share information with you on how it was formed by lava.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, 11-3051 Volcano Rd, Volcano, HI 96785, USA
Akatsuka Orchid Garden, which displays more than 500 orchids. Some are valued at more than $20,000 US!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Richardson Beach Park, 2279 Kalanianaole Ave, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
Richardson Black Sand Beach, where sea turtles are usually spotted. The Black Sand Beach is a local favorite, and is a great way to see how the ocean and volcanoes make fine black sand.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Port of Hilo, 80 Kuhio St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
2: Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, 71 Banyan Dr, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vehicle: 11-14 passenger van or mini bus max 16-25 pass mini bus
- Sights: Rainbow Falls, Black Sand Beach, Liliuokalani Japanese Garden
- Macadamia Nut Farm, Orchid Flower Nursery, Volcanoes National Park ( We spend approx 2 hrs inside the Volcano Park )
- Thurston Lava Tube, Steam Vents, Sulfur Banks, Kilauea Visitor Center & Exhibits, Kilauea Iki Crater look out
- HOTEL : You can meet us at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel to join this tour.
- CRUISE PASSENGERS : We have special permits to pick up directly from Hilo port
- We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Hilo Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details
- DEPARTURE TIMES: Because we are a shore excursion company we schedule our departure times around a ships arrival and departure.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Easy tour - Involves walking over relatively level terrain, possible gravel or uneven ground in some areas. Comfortable walking shoes & light jacket recommended
- Free Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat - Considered to be a lap child
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.