Historic Canterbury Private Day Tour
Canterbury offers a wealth of British history spanning centuries.
Avoid London's heavy traffic. - I will pick you up by car at Bromley South station. We will drive through the scenic Kent countryside for about 90 mins before arriving at beautiful Canterbury. Travelling by car gives you access to other wonderful locations in Kent, many hard to reach by train or crowded coaches. (Please see my profile for more information).
Explore the city’s quaint streets with me, a Kent local, who will point out places of historical interest, including the locally named 'Crooked House’, The Old Weavers' House and Buttermarket.
How about a spot of English cream tea at one of the tea houses?
N.B. Tickets to Canterbury Cathedral* may only be bought at the entrance. Queuing times vary. To ensure you have privacy, I won’t be accompanying you if you wish to visit the Cathedral, however, will meet you again afterwards. *Check 'Upcoming Closures'
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided walk outside
- All Fees and Taxes
- Car parking
- No tour fee for kids 10 years and under. (Must be accompanied by a relative 21+ years old).
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up
- Tickets to Canterbury Cathedral and tour inside
- Meals and beverages
- Entry/Admission - Canterbury Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canterbury, Canterbury, Kent, England
Walk through the medieval streets of historic Canterbury
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Canterbury Cathedral, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury CT1 2EH England
Visit Canterbury Cathedral. (Optional: You may wish to spend more time exploring the city instead).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Station Approach, Bromley BR1 1LX, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- John England Tours is certified as ‘Good To Go’ - An industry standard by VisitEngland and the UK government assuring visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing. See logo on the main profile.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.