Historic Charleston Walking Tour: Rainbow Row, Churches, and More
Tour where carriages and motorcoaches are not allowed as you take a fascinating stroll with stories and traditions revealing Charleston’s rich history and colorful past. This two hour tour through America’s most charming historical district is sure to be the highlight of your visit.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Rainbow Row
- Historic Waterfront Battery
- Antebellum Mansions
- A visual tour of Fort Sumter
- Hidden Gardens & Courtyards
- Historic Churches & Graveyards
- The Revolutionary and Civil War
- Entry/Admission - Charleston Strolls History Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rainbow Row, 79 E Bay St # 107, Charleston, SC 29401-2544
The longest Pre-Revolutionary structure in America is one of Charleston's most iconic historical sites. These 18th century homes are painted in a variety of colors thus the name, "Rainbow Row."
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Charleston Strolls History Tour, 18 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401-2028
You will see everything from beautiful cobblestone streets and custom Iron Gates as well as an incredible collection of 18th and 19th-century architecture, including a large number of distinctive Charleston single houses. These houses are typically a single room in depth, and oriented with the short access toward the street, with the entrance area on a long side in the alley.
Our Charleston walking tour will take you through areas with a rich history and colorful past so you can get a good grasp of America’s most charming historical district to make sure you are immersed in our city. Throughout the tour you will see some of our incredible sites such as our beautiful Antebellum Mansions, Rainbow Row which is a series of thirteen colorful historic houses in Charleston. Historic Waterfront Battery is a great place for photos as you will see southern mansions, cannons, cannon balls, palmettos, incredible views of Fort Sumter and so much more.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :115 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The pace of our walking tour is leisurely
- Minimum numbers apply for the 2:00pm only. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Most of our tours can accommodate people with disabilities. Please keep in mind that Charleston was built on uneven terrain and the streets, sidewalks, and cemeteries can be uneven.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- By purchasing this tour, you are stating that you and your party are healthy and have not exhibited any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If that changes, you will notify Bulldog Tours immediately.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.