Historical Prague Castle Tour
Discover the world’s largest castle with our experienced guides. Hop on a tram with us and enjoy the journey to the top of the castle hill, walk down the Hradčany district and finally discover the famous castle grounds. Along the way you’ll be able to indulge in the magnificent views of Prague and the fascinating history of the castle and its inhabitants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and experienced tour guide
- Public transport up to the Castle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Your guide will be welcoming you with a green umbrella at The Jan Palach Square in front of The Rudolfinum. Our guides are experienced in sharing Czech history and their love for the city is contagious. Let the guides transport you through the history of not only the Czech but also all those tied to our history. You will also hear alluring stories that you will never find in a regular guide book.
After you take your seat in the private bus you will journey up to The Strahov Monastery, the best possible place to start a tour of the Prague Castle. The Strahov Monastery is one of the oldest monasteries in the country with a riveting history of not only political conflicts but also home to some of the best beer in all of The Czech Republic. From the famous Bella Vista located next to The Strahov Monastery you will be able to enjoy the first of the many beautiful views of Prague from the top of the castle hill.
From The Strahov Monastery you will start your historical walk down to the castle. Walking down the Hradčany District you will see buildings intimately tied to the history of the castle such as the Loreta, the Cernin Palace and the Schwarzenberg Palace. These buildings are stunningly beautiful and knowing their history is essential to the whole castle experience. The picturesque architecture and captivating history is simply an appetizer for what is to come.
Once you arrive at the Castle complex let us take you through its amazing courtyards. We will also visit the St. Vitus Cathedral, arguably one of the most beautiful buildings in all of Europe. We will also be visiting the world famous Golden Lane and various other important structures around inside of the castle grounds.
At the end of the tour you still find yourself wanting to see more we warmly invite you to join our guides free of charge to check out the John Lennon Wall and learn it’s turbulent history and see the iconic Charles Bridge.
Departure Point :Václavské nám. 19, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město, Czechia
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Na Kampě, 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Walk through the largest castle complex in the world (Strahov monastery, Loreto, Černín Palace, Schwarzenberg Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral, courtyards, St. George Basilica, Golden Lane and much more...)
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The minimum number of people for the tour is 3.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Good Prague Tours