Historical Salem Cemetery Walking Tour
Explore the earliest documented burial ground in Salem on this 1-hour walking tour. Follow your charismatic guide as they tell the fascinating history of Salem and reveal the symbolic meanings behind the engravings on the headstones. Gain incredible insight into the lives and deaths of Salem residents on this captivating tour. (This tour does NOT discuss the 1692 Witchcraft Trials).
per adult from
What's included :
- 1-Hour Historical Salem Cemetery Walking Tour
- Local and Professional Guide
- Visit one of Salem's top historical sites, the Old Burying Point Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - Old Burying Point Cemetery
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haunted Footsteps & Salem Historical Tours, 8 Central Street, Salem, MA 01970-3703
Visit Salem’s oldest burying ground and unearth the secrets and stories of the infamous deceased. Even death has not silenced the stories of our long deceased neighbors. Examine uniquely crafted grave markers exhibiting timeless engravings by some of the region's preeminent stone carvers.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Old Burying Point Cemetery, Charter Street, Salem, MA 01970
Explore Salem's oldest cemetery. Listen as your guide narrates compelling and historically accurate stories about this infamous town. While walking through Salem's earliest documented cemetery, look at the curious engravings on the headstones. Learn about the symbolism behind the urns, willows, flora, and effigy imagery left by the region's most notable stone carvers. Continue your tour by hearing about the true tales of the lives and deaths of the cemetery's well-known occupants, such as Richard More, a Mayflower pilgrim; John Hathorne, the judge who presided over the Witch Trials; and Simon Bradstreet, an early Governor.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :8 Central St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :The Burying Point, 51 Charter St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tours depart at 1pm. Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your tour. Check in at Salem Historical Tours Office at 8 Central Street, Salem, MA.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We use an amplifier so guests who are social distancing on the tour can hear us. We do not need to shout.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.