Horton Plains Day Tour with Short Train Journey from Ella
Guided tour to Horton Plains National Park which is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka. Horton Plains national park is the highest plateau in Sri Lanka. It marks the southern boundary of the central highlands. The landscape of Horton plains is very different from the preconceived image of a tropical highland. The park views are dominated by panoramic rolling grass plains, with occasional peaks topped by patches of montane forests, which are blanketed by mists. You will also enjoy a scenic train ride from Ella to Ohiya which is one of the breathtaking train rides in the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located in Ella.
- Train journey to Ella to Ohiya,
- Picnic lunch.
- Entrance fee to Horton Plains National Park.
- Refreshment and snacks.
- Service of English speaking guide throughout the tour.
- All government taxes.
What's excluded :
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Horton Plains National Park, Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka
06.00 AM – You will be greeted and picked up by our driver and driven to Ella Railway Station to catch the train to Ohiya. (Get on to the train between 06.30 - 07.00 AM based on train schedule).
08.30 AM – On arrival to Ohiya, you will be picked up by our driver and driven to Horton Plains National Park.
09.00 AM – Start your trekking in Horton Plains with our guide. Horton Plains national park is the highest plateau in Sri Lanka. It marks the southern boundary of the central highlands. The park has a healthy population of sambar deers frequently spotted grazing. It is also one of the few national parks in Sri Lanka where no vehicles are allowed inside. Instead, the visitors walk along with a set of foot trails that lead to various areas inside the parklands. The most popular and the easiest foot trail is called the world’s end – baker’s falls round trail. Along this trail are the popular world’s end escarpment (884 metres), Baker’s falls, small world’s end and chimney pool. The Horton plains national park hosts a unique eco-system and was designated a UNESCO world heritage site in 2010.
01.30 PM – Enjoy your packed breakfast in a beautiful location.
02.30 PM – After lunch, you will be taken back to the ending point of the trekking.
04.00 PM – Driven back to your hotel in Ella with beautiful memories.
Duration: 11 hours
Pass By: Ella, Ella, Uva Province
Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Ella.
Pass By: Horton Plains National Park, Ohiya 22200 Sri Lanka
Horton Plains National Park.
Departure Point :Ella, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick and drop off will be provide from most closely located hotels in Ella.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Recommend to wear shoes for your convenience.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.